Unai Emery

PeterSw

2 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

Maybe, just maybe... 

Villa hire Gerrard. Villa utilise Gerrard's name and stature in the game to bring in Coutinho, Digne, Carlos and Kamara. Who many people have said we wouldn't have been able to sign without him. 

Villa sack Gerrard as he's a truly terrible manager, but have already utilised his main strength, his abiilty to bring players in.

Villa hire Emery, a proven winner and exceptional manager, who is now more keen to coach Villa due to the higher calibre of players and utilise him to bring the best out of the excellent players Villa brought in, due to Gerrard's name. 

This is a mother **** masterplan!

Your thesis would prove correct if we fired Gerrard in June after they'd all signed and got Emery in

• Like 1

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems that Unai is a deep thinker of the game, and his forensic approach is like Mourinho and Pep.

I do hope our players are able to take it all in and as importantly, execute it.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves, that this will be all plain sailing.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, TRO said:

It seems that Unai is a deep thinker of the game, and his forensic approach is like Mourinho and Pep.

I do hope our players are able to take it all in and as importantly, execute it.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves, that this will be all plain sailing.

His training is, if you listen to journalists and commentators from Spain, is ultra intense . More so the mental aspect. I think if you can engage a group though, get them interested in what you are trying to teach - the sky’s the limit. And i think he’s experienced and intuitive enough to know the one’s who are capable of taking this on board early doors - and the ones who are not. Gerrard used to always come out with “ if i can’t get these players to do what i ask, I’ll find ones who will “ He couldn’t change anything. It was empty rhetoric. Emery won’t be as vocal in that sense. If he’s intent on making change, he’ll make it without flapping his gums to the media about it.. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

His training is, if you listen to journalists and commentators from Spain, is ultra intense . More so the mental aspect. I think if you can engage a group though, get them interested in what you are trying to teach - the sky’s the limit. And i think he’s experienced and intuitive enough to know the one’s who are capable of taking this on board early doors - and the ones who are not. Gerrard used to always come out with “ if i can’t get these players to do what i ask, I’ll find ones who will “ He couldn’t change anything. It was empty rhetoric. Emery won’t be as vocal in that sense. If he’s intent on making change, he’ll make it without flapping his gums to the media about it.. 

It's amazing how inflammatory Gerrard's comments regularly were, even as far back as January. 

20 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

And many pundits and media were baffled as to how he lost some of the players… FFS 🤦🏻‍♂️!

The guffawing and sheer unimaginable inability for Gerrard to be successful has caught his media buddies out big time. Every one of them has to preface it with their surprise or hard feelings.

He'll be collecting Qatari cheques with Keys and Gray soon enough.

Edited by ccfcman
  • Like 2

If what I read in the upshop gold (popbitches dedicated sport eshot) is true then I'll be amazed if we spoke with Tuchel at all. Wow. I won't say here. Feel free to DM me. So glad Unai is the one we seem to have targetted from the off.

Edited by stewiek2

1 hour ago, ccfcman said:

The guffawing and sheer unimaginable inability for Gerrard to be successful has caught his media buddies out big time. Every one of them has to preface it with their surprise or hard feelings.

He'll be collecting Qatari cheques with Keys and Gray soon enough.

It demonstrates that there is a huge difference between talking a good game and producing a good game. I’m sure with a bit of media training, many of us could make a decent pundit. But being a good manager isn’t so easy. As proved by Neville, Keene and especially Alan Shearer. 

To be fair Jamie Carragher went up in my estimations a few days ago when he said that there was no way he’d ever want a manager’s job, not even the Liverpool job. He recognised he had a great life, watching football with his pals   and getting very well paid with none of the pressure. I think that in a similar vein JT has come to the same conclusion. 

I have no problem with anyone who falls on their feet and lands on a cushy, well paid number. But it’s always good when they appreciate that they’ve been lucky. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Spot on. As much as people see Gerrard as mentally strong - I actually think the opposite is true. Hence why he was constantly trying to explain himself to the media.

• Like 1

Â