Unai Emery

PeterSw

37 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I've got an old leather jacket in my wardrobe, maybe I should wear it out on Saturday evening......

As long as you pull a ball of £100 notes out of it you should get on alright 

• Like 1

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To those questioning his league finishes in Spain, if you watch that post-Arsenal interview with Ballague he says that when he takes a job he asks the club what objectives they have and he focuses accordingly. So in reality this reflects his focus in Spain to go for cup runs and have a steady ship in the league. 

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If it really is work permit formalities that are stopping him starting then I imagine he won't be doing any of that as it could be a breach of work permit regulations

yep he'll be classed as a visitor so he's allowed to come to the country like a tourist, he's allowed to come to villa park, attend meetings and be at the game and meet all the players etc but he wont be able to work and its not worth taking the piss

he needs a skilled worker visa and i think he needs one before the club are legally allowed to pay him, as im finding out now he's also not allowed to live here until he has that visa, he can stay in a hotel but he cant rent a property (he can probably buy a house outright in cash but he cant get a mortgage)

30 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If it really is work permit formalities that are stopping him starting then I imagine he won't be doing any of that as it could be a breach of work permit regulations

Obviously they won't advertise the fact, but he will definitely be involved. There is no law against him attending the match to 'watch'. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, a m ole said:

TalkSport really is the absolute worst

Talk Shite

Liberate yourself and can it off….you’ll feel much better for it 

I stopped listening to it years ago 

it’s tabloid radio at best, b/c list ex footballers spouting garbage 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, imavillan said:

Talk Shite

Liberate yourself and can it off….you’ll feel much better for it 

I stopped listening to it years ago 

it’s tabloid radio at best, b/c list ex footballers spouting garbage 

I have never ever engaged with it, I only ever see it through 3rd party sources. I would love the football world to boycott it

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

To those questioning his league finishes in Spain, if you watch that post-Arsenal interview with Ballague he says that when he takes a job he asks the club what objectives they have and he focuses accordingly. So in reality this reflects his focus in Spain to go for cup runs and have a steady ship in the league. 

Only Athletico Madrid have won the la liga outside of Barca and Real for about 20 years. They have a massive financial advantages and/or they make up rules to avoid getting into any trouble as well.

Edited by The Fun Factory

8 minutes ago, a m ole said:

TalkSport really is the absolute worst

Of course they are. It's their job to have brain dead controversial opinions to make you phone up and try to correct them. No idea how people listen to it. 

14 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

It was actually a submarine in his last job, not a ship. 

Whereas Gerrard was in the process of turning our ship into a submarine.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Obviously they won't advertise the fact, but he will definitely be involved. There is no law against him attending the match to 'watch'. 

I imagine at this stage he knows very little about our squad and would only be interested in watching and observing anyway. 

Just now, LondonLax said:

I imagine at this stage he knows very little about our squad and would only be interested in watching and observing anyway. 

Tell him not to watch the first 10 games of this season or he might decide to have sudden ‘passport problems’.

• Haha 1

Can I check, is there any Villa fan that is not happy with this?! It may be one of the first decisions that everyone agrees with!

Feels like it is the final piece in the puzzle. We saw on Sunday that actually the players have been underperforming before and this is already a top 10 team, maybe higher. He isn't coming here to make up numbers or dwell mid table, he is here to win trophies. Absolutely love it. 

I disagree with the comments suggesting that he doesn't have an identity.

I posted the below in the tactics thread.  Emery uses a range of formations but they all fit within a philosophy of how the team plays together as a unit.  His teams play a high line, are compact and purposeful. 

I also shared a link to this video of him explaining how Sevilla tactically defeated Liverpool.  The guy is a tactical master.

• Thanks 2

Â