Unai Emery

PeterSw

Just now, alreadyexists said:

To be fair he is Spanish football correspondent, and he’s right about it being sad for V CF, it’s just that it’s our gain!

I wasnt having a go at him and he did say it was great move for us

He is just one of the few journos I actually respect so makes it seem even better

• Thanks 1

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Zatman said:

I wasnt having a go at him and he did say it was great move for us

He is just one of the few journos I actually respect so makes it seem even better

Ahh cool, sorry bud, it’s hard to get context sometimes. I thought you were saying that he was being a downer on it. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Covid helped us out in our 1st season back up and now looks like the world cup will help us out this season to allow for mini preseason. I'm sure a lot more will get done in an emery mini pre season compared to the gerrard mini preseason where we ended up being worse after it. 

I've been saying exactly the same!

We won't have too many players away at the World Cup so Emery and the board can really start to file away the cobwebs and get the club back on track. A smooth end to the season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

Not the most insightful interview but Hargreaves sums it up perfectly at the end “ if he was an English manager we’d be raving about him”   The media needs to lay off him this time.

I couldn't watch it all the way through. I started counting how many times Defoe said "You Know"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Of all the players at Villa, Watkins and Buendia will be the two who will be the happiest today. Their relentless workrate in attacking roles will have them ever presents in Emerys team. Ings too, his workrate is so overlooked, his pressures, tackles, blocks and clearances are outstanding amongst the top 5 leagues. I can see the 4 4 2 with Ings and Watkins up top being a success here along side the 4 2 3 1

• Like 1

He was right at the top of my list among the ones I thought might be realistic-ish.

Didn't think he would be gettable thou if I'm honest. 

Wanted him in to replace Gerrard this summer but this will do nicely. Delighted!

• Like 2

Â