Unai Emery

PeterSw

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

We all know this didn’t happen in two days. Probably been negotiating for a while.

Yeah ordinarily I’d think it was pretty shabby for a club to potentially be talking to other managers behind the current managers back but when that manager is Steven Gerrard I’ll make an exception. 

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, thunderball said:

Of course I’m not certain, but there was a telling phrase used after Gerrards dismissal along the lines of NSW are determined to make the right appointment and the search was being led by Nas. Reading between the lines it suggested Purslow and Lange were on thin ice.

I am playing devil's advocate here, but it could be a case of Purslow feeling guilty and a bit taken aback by getting it wrong and just accepting that yeah, I'll take a backseat on this one.

5 minutes ago, Stoobs said:

Man United no mugs now. If Emery starts off with 2 defeats against them, will there be grumblings from the support that he isn’t the man for the job. I am over 50 now and I honestly can’t remember a time when managers are under so much pressure after a few early bad results. Watch this space. Suppose we can always blame McGinn if things don’t go well from the start, even if he isn’t playing. 

Ten Haag likes to play a possesion based game, Emery counter attacking style with suit up perfectly for it

Just now, Troglodyte said:

Yeah you're right - all we need now are two absolutely top tier world class players. One we've got them, we'll piss top 4!

On a serious note, I hope he can get his ideas across but he's clearly a very, very good appointment. Welcome, Señor!

I don't think he'll have a problem with that.  Emi Martinez has been full of praise for Emery in some of the interviews I've seen him give over the years.  It was also implied he also had a good relationship with Chambers at Arsenal too.  He's exactly the kind of manager who will get the best out of Buendia, IMO, and turn him into a superstar.  I can't wait to see how we line up at the end of January!

• Like 1

wow, just listening to a vid of his time at Arsenal, he had made 10 half time subs to change things up, the most of any manager at the time in the PL.

Its gonna be carnage with some of our players lol.

I find pundits talking ad nauseum about how PL league is "the best league in the world" a bit OTT and yes, while the standard is generally higher so are the revenues.

Ultimately though you just have to cast your eyes at the string of managers operating in the PL now. This has to be highest standard of football coaches ever assembled in a football league. That's also allowing for Poch, Tuchel and Ancelotti leaving in recent memory

Edited by ccfcman

Just now, MaVilla said:

wow, just listening to a vid of his time at Arsenal, he had made 10 half time subs to change things up, the most of any manager at the time in the PL.

Its gonna be carnage with some of our players lol.

What???  You mean we won't be able to predict the subs and the time they'll be made before the match even starts???  What is this witchcraft you're speaking of???

• Haha 1

Â