Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

When Southampton appointed Poch I thought they were crazy. They had recently picked up form under Pearson and I believed that the disruption would be overall negative. Particularly as Poch had no PL experience. But it turned out to be an inspired decision by a forward thinking club. A great move for both parties. 

I hope our board and particularly the CEO  have similar vision. Poch is now a very established manager. However as @viivvaa66 has mentioned none of the top 6 are currently looking for a manager. The club who could become serious contenders for Poch though is Newcastle. How long will they be happy with 1 win in 7? Let’s not faf about for too long with CP’s project and miss an opportunity. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Leicester will get rid of rodgers and get poch.

We will miss the opportuniy to progress, once again

People don't think Poch would join us because he's " above us ", but think he would join the team bottom of the League with no money to spend?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

People don't think Poch would join us because he's " above us ", but think he would join the team bottom of the League with no money to spend?

Just to add on, Ornstein who clearly has connections in the game also said Poch would be open to join a team outside the top 6 with the right project. Leicester currently are withholding funds and I highly doubt that sounds like 'the right project' for him. 

I can see Leicester going for Dyche/Frank/Kjetil instead of Poch if Rodgers steps down. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Leicester will get rid of rodgers and get poch.

We will miss the opportuniy to progress, once again

You've stated an opinion that Leicester would go for, and get Poch, and then extrapolated an outcome for Villa from your opinion.

The Leicester team that won the league and the FA Cup are a million miles away from this side. They are rock bottom and have no money to spend.

What makes you think Poch would go there?

FWIW, I wouldn't be surprised if the board already have their next manager short-list sounded out. I doubt we start putting the feelers out after a vacancy arises. In short, if Poch is on our list, he'll know about it, and we'll have an idea if he'd be interested in us too.

Edited by StanBalaban

2 hours ago, WHY said:

Who would you suggest mate, Smith couldn’t manage it either, I watched plenty of games under him that were like Friday night and that was when we had Grealish. We’ve had different coaches who are highly rated and they still can’t get a tune out of them. Maybe just maybe the players just aren’t good enough. We lack proper athleticism throughout the team, this is the biggest issue imo. Recruitment has been for the large part poor. 

That’s the problem. I don’t really know who’s out there that would want to come to us. Could Rodgers do a better job?

1 hour ago, picicata said:

Much like Gerrard, a manager relying on his reputation as a player rather than a coach

To be fair, at this stage, OGS has alot more experience than SG, both at smaller clubs and obs at Man U with the " egos " etc 

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

That’s the problem. I don’t really know who’s out there that would want to come to us. Could Rodgers do a better job?

Maybe but I have never particularly liked the bloke, he loves himself. I would also argue he has a better squad at Leicester and can’t get a tune out of them. Also he doesn’t seem to know how to stop them conceding from set pieces. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, WHY said:

Maybe but I have never particularly liked the bloke, he loves himself. I would also argue he has a better squad at Leicester and can’t get a tune out of them. Also he doesn’t seem to know how to stop them conceding from set pieces. 

Fair points. I’m not with the ‘anyone can do better’  and hate everything he does crowd. It’s just everything feels a bit boring at the moment. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, sne said:

Guess both Inter and especially Juve will be looking for new managers during the break. But we have the one our CEO want's so I guess that doesn't effect us anyway.

Juventus CEO just said they have involved Allegri in ”a four year project” so sacking him now would be ”insane”.

I interpret this as he’ll be sacked in the morning.

European top clubs in trouble could lead to Allegri, Inzaghi and Nagelsmann being available soon.

Edited by VillaParkAvenue
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Juventus CEO just said they have involved Allegri in ”a four year project” so sacking him now would be ”insane”.

I interpret this as he’ll be sacked in the morning.

Loads of talk about Conte going back to Juve next season. Just gossip but still.

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Fair points. I’m not with the ‘anyone can do better’  and hate everything he does crowd. It’s just everything feels a bit boring at the moment. 

Usually does mate when you are a mid to lower end PL club. It’s such a hard league unless you are one of the big 4 to be consistently good in it. West Ham spent big money in the summer and have had their worst ever PL start. Would be even worse if it wasn’t for us 😂

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, WHY said:

I think he's a decent manager, but he's mentally checked out at Leicester which is poor given he's still getting paid by them, and there's stuff like the 3 envelope thing he did at Liverpool which was really cringey.

• Like 1

Just get Poch in esp with this international break, I can’t watch anymore of this shit football gerrard is currently showing, He got away with last weekend as I bet Leicester would have beat us and then he played a very poor Southampton side

2 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Just get Poch in esp with this international break, I can’t watch anymore of this shit football gerrard is currently showing, He got away with last weekend as I bet Leicester would have beat us and then he played a very poor Southampton side

Those 4 points from City and Southampton means he’s safe until the World Cup.

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Those 4 points from City and Southampton means he’s safe until the World Cup.

This is what I fear and managers who are currently available won’t be by the time we get rid of him

• Like 1