Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Who is NS?  Nassef Sawiris?  Why would he be meeting Emery rather than Purslow or even Lange?

He is Executive Chairman - so isn't just chair of the board and not involved outside meetings. Imagine it would be alongside one or both. 

33 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

No idea if credible but

Account has now been deleted it seems. 

I wouldn’t mind Emery. Known for developing players and has had a lot of success. Tactically astute. 

This time last year Emery was about to take over Newcastle before he changed his mind at the very last minute.

I think he feels he has unfinished business in premier league.

Not like he was a complete disaster at Arsenal even if the end was poor. Finished 5th in his only full season and gave debuts to Saka, Martinelli and Smith Rowe so will promote young players when he thinks they're ready.

In two full seasons with Villareal they've won europa and made SFs of CL but probably a feeling he's done as much as he can there now.

If we have no chance with Pochettino hopefully this is the back up and very solid choice he'd be.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dale said:

He is Executive Chairman - so isn't just chair of the board and not involved outside meetings. Imagine it would be alongside one or both. 

I get that.  But I would have thought such as task would be delegated to the CEO, I was under the impression NSWE didn't get directly involved in footballing matters?

Anyway, it seems the account has been deleted.  I have seen tweets from that account posted before and am skeptical of anything they post.

Edited by duke313

9 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I get that.  But I would have thought such as task would be delegated to the CEO, I was under the impression NSWE didn't get directly involved in footballing matters?

Perhaps they’re not impressed with the CEO’s involvement with footballing matters? They could even be in the process of replacing him too. 

We live in hope. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

This time last year Emery was about to take over Newcastle before he changed his mind at the very last minute.

I think he feels he has unfinished business in premier league.

Not like he was a complete disaster at Arsenal even if the end was poor. Finished 5th in his only full season and gave debuts to Saka, Martinelli and Smith Rowe so will promote young players when he thinks they're ready.

In two full seasons with Villareal they've won europa and made SFs of CL but probably a feeling he's done as much as he can there now.

If we have no chance with Pochettino hopefully this is the back up and very solid choice he'd be.

Emery CV is probably better than Poch when you look at it

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

Account has now been deleted it seems. 

I wouldn’t mind Emery. Known for developing players and has had a lot of success. Tactically astute. 

That was an FPL account with a large following before he started tweeting any Villa 'ITK' wasn't it?

Could he have genuinely been ITK and has now been rumbled, why else delete the account?

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Anyway, it seems the account has been deleted.  I have seen tweets from that account posted before and am skeptical of anything they post.

I think it’s fairly normal to meet the owners because as a manager you want to understand what the owners intention are and a feel of how the relationship would be.  He may have already met the CEO.  We know that the owners met Gerrard for a long meeting before he signed.  

I know in my line of business, I’ve worked for companies that have Private Equity (PE) owners and while the CEO hired new directors the new directors would also meet the PE people.  Sometimes the PE to convince the director to join, sometimes the PE to meet and interview(ish) the new director before signing off on it.

I think the tweet is BS if I’m honest but the context is not unrealistic in NS meeting any new manager himself.

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

That Lyric Twitter account has gone (at least temporarily). Wonder why...

I think in the week, the person who runs the MOMS called his bluff on something he said about our possible future managers. Considering it seems like the person running the MOMS account has a direct contact with Purslow and I remember Lyric saying that he gets his info from someone in the maintenance team at VP, I would not be surprised if whoever his connection is (Lyric) told him to delete the account. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

The Arsenal fans never took to Emery for some reason. His win percentage is only a couple of points lower than Arteta and he inherited a bit of a mess from Wenger.

It was going to be hard for anyone to follow Wenger, same as Moyes following Taggart.

• Haha 1

LADS only way to solve this problem, might request a forum actually so everyone is aware. 

‘GERRARD OUT️❗️ ‘ banners need to come out in full force on Sunday as it appears the fans are not being heard and purslow is telling the owners that we’ve been  ‘unlucky’ which we know to be absolute nonsense… so lets get these out so they cannot ignore us, cant express this enough

18 minutes ago, RicRic said:

LADS only way to solve this problem, might request a forum actually so everyone is aware. 

‘GERRARD OUT️❗️ ‘ banners need to come out in full force on Sunday as it appears the fans are not being heard and purslow is telling the owners that we’ve been  ‘unlucky’ which we know to be absolute nonsense… so lets get these out so they cannot ignore us, cant express this enough

The new approach is to request a birthday message for "Gerr Ardout"