Match Thread: Villa v Chelsea

limpid

2 minutes ago, Agbonla-score said:

Don’t get me wrong, I’m no fan of Gerrard. However, this defeat is not on him.

It’s a lack of composure that has prevented us from scoring and two individual areas that have cost us the goals. 

Ok, what about the last 4 games?

7 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Who is a winger? 

it’s not normal for a PL manager to play many different forward lines, systems, captains etc just to find the best one. 

Bailey, Watkins is probably a better winger than striker.

Cash and Young can both play wing. 

So that's 4.

• Haha 3

Just now, Agbonla-score said:

Don’t get me wrong, I’m no fan of Gerrard. However, this defeat is not on him.

It’s a lack of composure that has prevented us from scoring and two individual areas that have cost us the goals. 

Of course its on him, what they do on the training ground all week is put into practice on match day, its obvious what they are doing on the training ground is not making them better players.

12 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Potter makes a change, Gerrard no idea how to counter. Buendia on at 70 all standard basic stuff out the coaching book.

I'm confident he'll be gone latest Tuesday, Purslow looks like he has a job to do!

I do hope that you’re right. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Thing is, IF previous 8/9 games of the season we had played like this, you wouldn’t mind so much losing to Chelsea like this.

There’d be no criticism of Gerrard, or calling for his head today. None at all. We’ve been a mediocre team for the better part of a year. Regardless of what happened today or against Man City. These two games aren’t an excuse to keep Gerrard and hope he turns it around.

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Like 1