Match Thread: Forest v Villa

limpid

Just now, El Zen said:

I refuse to single out players for how f***ing awful this is to watch. How can we possibly excpect them to perform in a «system» like Gerrard’s? 

Our flair players get absolutely no space at all, both our 8s become invisible and our striker is isually isolated. No width, no stretching the opposition, no pressing, no patterns. 

They’re not coached to actually perform. 

The tactics stifle them yes absolutely - however, we are far too lightweight to the point where it's painful to watch. We don't do the basics on the pitch and it's not good enough to blame it all on Gerrard when players make individual mistakes or fall over too easily or can't get themselves onside.

It is very clear that these players do not want to play for that idiot. Every ball is behind the player, even at the back. We play at a snails pace with no width. No movement from the attacking midfielders leave anyone on the ball with no option  but a sideways pass. This is down to poor coaching and no plan. It’s as if our only tactic is boot it long and hope it bounces favourably to us or to bounce out of play further up the pitch. It ain’t bloody rugby. It it teeth grinding to watch. Can we stop giving this Gerard clown a chance and cut our losses now.  

5 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

He really needs to go. We can still salvage something perhaps if we have an OK winter transfer window. Not getting relegated looks like a realistic if difficult goal now.

I can almost guarantee that Poch would have this exact same team performing a million times better than we currently are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Can we have Tim Sherwood back please.

He's available.

I'd be happier. He was shit, but we'd be giving it a go (too much). But sooner be entertained! 

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Far from it - had Ollie kept onside we'd be 2-1 up and sitting in 9th. There's still lots to play for.

Sadly, there are a handfull of if's in every game we play at the moment.