Sports stars who preferred a different sport

KentVillan

Watch ESPN 30 for 30 Jordan rides the bus, its about Michael Jordans attempted pro baseball career

Think there's a fair few in the states, a lot of quarter backs are seemingly good at baseball, a lot of tight ends played basketball, I'm sure there's a wide reciever in the NFL now who is also a near pro hurdler

CB Fry

Fry's achievements on the sporting field included representing England at both cricket and football, an FA Cup Final appearance for Southampton F.C. and equalling the then-world record for the long jump. He also reputedly turned down the throne of Albania. In later life, he suffered mental health problems, but even well into his seventies he claimed he was still able to perform his party trick: leaping from a stationary position backwards onto a mantelpiece.[

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C._B._Fry

Don't know if he preferred it but Beefy played for Yeovil and Scunthorpe. 

I think I would probably prefer to be one of the greatest ever cricket players than a few appearances for some lower league footy teams but each to their own. 

• Haha 1

On 08/10/2022 at 18:41, sidcow said:

Don't know if he preferred it but Beefy played for Yeovil and Scunthorpe. 

I think I would probably prefer to be one of the greatest ever cricket players than a few appearances for some lower league footy teams but each to their own. 

His son Liam played cricket, rugby yawnion and rugby league professionally as well.  Must be unique for a British sportsman though I don't think he was particularly good at any of them.  His son has played rugby for Wales too.

NHL’s Mats Zuccarello is a big football fan, and always adamant he could have played football at the highest level if he’d chosen it over ice hockey. 

New York Yankees center fielder Aaron Hicks is by all accounts a very accomplished golfer who freely admits he enjoys golf more than baseball, and don’t be surprised if he has a go at qualifying for some kind of tour once his current (and far too lucrative to walk away from) baseball contract is up. 

58 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

Usain Bolt always fancied himself as a footballer.

He played a professional season in the A-League down here. As a footballer he makes for a fantastic 100m runner.

That is all.

Adama Traore seems to fancy himself as a footballer too 😛

• Haha 2

On 08/10/2022 at 19:51, NoelVilla said:

One of the best cyclists in the world Primoz Roglic changed sport from ski-jumping. Odd change yes.

sarah storey who im pretty sure is now GBs most decorated (is that the correct term for winningist?) was a world champion swimmer before she was a world champion cyclist 

i can get why the fitness and physicality translates to both sports but still thats some good going 

Â