January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

24 minutes ago, thabucks said:

McKennie loan move to leeds confirmed - bullet dodged ? 

It's a Loan with option to Buy. Good deal for Leeds tbh.

As for us, I don't see the need to be Loaning Central Midfielders we have 7 at the moment and we've Tim who is coming through. I think if we sign a CM it'll be one who is a cut above the ones we have (except for Kamara) like Guendouzi is. 

There's a possibility Gallagher might come in for the right price. I assume he rejected Everton and Chelsea have zero interest in selling him to Newcastle with the race for Top 4 so crucial to Chelsea. So it's Palace or Villa if the price is fair. 

I really don't see the need for a central midfielder this window tbh. Winger and Forward need to be the priorities

24 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

We're a little bit thin in attacking areas, I think the club knows that and I think the manager knows that, I don't think they'll be bullied on price or that they'll get someone in just to make the numbers up for the sake of it - that of course comes with the risk of ending up empty handed and having to go again in the summer - that would be a shame, but if you want to improve, it's a game you have to play - we seem to be organised and methodical and we seem to know what we want - getting it can be difficult.

Oh, and just a reminder that we've spent more money in this January window than we've ever spent in a January window before.

That’s why we’ve got no money left ! 🤣 

Sarr would be a huge step backward...  Surprising to see so many on here still wanting him after an extremely poor world cup and a mediocre season in the Championship. 

The lack of activity is probably due to the fact that we're going after specific Champions League quality players Emery wants for his system and/or will not be bullied into overpaying for our targets this window.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

We're a little bit thin in attacking areas, I think the club knows that and I think the manager knows that, I don't think they'll be bullied on price or that they'll get someone in just to make the numbers up for the sake of it - that of course comes with the risk of ending up empty handed and having to go again in the summer - that would be a shame, but if you want to improve, it's a game you have to play - we seem to be organised and methodical and we seem to know what we want - getting it can be difficult.

Oh, and just a reminder that we've spent more money in this January window than we've ever spent in a January window before.

I hope you don't mind, me respectfully challenging that.

I would hazard a guess, a number of  fans was surprised in the Moreno signing, ( in terms of priority)in as much as many thought Digne was an up grade on Targett.

Jhon Duran was also a surprise, for his age and where he has been playing, maybe a target, from some time back......but we are supposed to be improving the first team, to establish oursleves in the top half, and the momentum needs supporting.

Personally, I am with the reports, That UE is not convinced with the full backs, hence his move for Moreno, but priority, not entirely sure on that.

We now, have one experienced dedicated forward, to go through the rest of the season.....I see the logic, in the Ings transfer, but not the logic of no experienced one coming in.

It leaves me, with my mind racing.....we seem desperate to get huge wages off the books, there could be a sound rationale for that, that I am unaware of like FFP.....only the folk running the club will know.

We have spent c 26 mill on players, some folk, will find strange in terms of priority.....The players we have been liked with all summer, is not the clubs fault, but it has been pie in the sky, as we can reveal now, baring a miracle tomorrow.

Kamara and Carlos, are the only players to come in that tangibly, make us appear better......and that was last summer......I thought, as a short time as it is, the Elite Manager, was for that too..........not just clearing out.

I'm very chilled regards this transfer window only in the reason we have an elite manger in charge now & looks like he has been given keys to our castle. Looking like gone of the days are going for plan b, c or d if we don't get pan A. Looks like we're going for quality & I'm excited by that. The talk we have no money or got to watch our money regards ffp is total rubbish as we wouldn't of triggered Nico Williams release clause of £45 million. We bring one more in great if not then so be it, got to trust the process, got a elite manager & very professional & rich owners. What I will say is that I think we're in for a block buster summer window & I think things are already in place come summer window 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Currently Watching Villarreal vs Rayo Vallecano , some really good players in this Villarreal side, Pino , Baena  and Foyth stand out. Be interesting to see if we move for some in the summer. Pino’s decision making in the final third is level’s above what we currently have. 

Pino is probably their biggest talent. Would take big money.

3 minutes ago, Villa 59 said:

Traore is back at the club....maybe he's close to fitness? He at least gives us another option (if only from the bench)

I think he is just back so Villa can assess the injury, which makes it sound bad and that he likely can't play again anytime soon. I haven't read anywhere that his season long loan has officially been terminated. 

Edited by AndyM3000

3 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Sarr will be 25 in a months time, only spent 2 season in the Prem and got relegated both times but decided to stay at Watford when he must have had some offers. Not sure he's got the desire to try and prove himself and reach the top.

Not attacking you here, but if we had a player that stuck with us through 2 relegations and didn't kick up a storm to leave when given a chance, we'd herald him as a hero.

Bit of a double standard imo, again, not from you specifically.

Edit: he's injured ATM, but I'd prefer Joao Pedro who has lost a bit of his hype, I'd be all over that instead

Edited by HalfTimePost

3 minutes ago, Villa 59 said:

Traore is back at the club....maybe he's close to fitness? He at least gives us another option (if only from the bench)

Don't think we have a recall option, he's just been here getting fit with us then heading back out on loan