January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

12 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

This would be a huge signing if true.

Quality player!

His performances for Morocco in the World Cup last month were outstanding.

As some have said though the sources are a bit shady so I won't be getting my hopes up

10 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Gregg Evans has proven himself to know nothing about our transfer dealings in every previous transfer window, I've no reason to believe that has changed.

He knows nothing, but his colleagues at The Athletic do have good contacts and info. He probably gets the rumors from them.

Auba and ziyech are both last minute agent links as they try and get them moves elsewhere, ziyech will be interesting to see if Newcastle are in for him and are using the Gordon rumour to try and help their negotiations

Everyone knows Villa won't talk about the link, wont shoot it down and deny it, we're a safe bet for them

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Looking at squad 

Ings, Archer, Fred, Sanson, Bednarek all gone with aug and nakamba not wanted.

So the squad updated...

Emi, Olsen, steer Sinisalo* 
Young, Cash 
Moreno, Digne 
Mings, Konsa, Carlos, Chambers 
Kamara, Dendoncker 
Doug 
Ramsey*, Buendia, McGinn, Coutinho 
Bailey, Watkins, Duran* 

Thats a thin squad to be honest. Its ok squad size if you have no injuries but we all know we will get them. We already have carlos digne and mcginn out. 

I still feel we are at least 3 players short 

19 registered senior players, 3 of whom are injured, and two are sub goalies. Obviously Ramsey is first team equivalent but is still only an outfield squad of 14 to pick your 10 from. Certainly doesn't sound like it gives Emery the options to change that he has spoken about. 

Plenty of room for incomings there, and if we don't get one I'll imagine it wasn't for the want of trying. 

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Auba and ziyech are both last minute agent links as they try and get them moves elsewhere, ziyech will be interesting to see if Newcastle are in for him and are using the Gordon rumour to try and help their negotiations

Everyone knows Villa won't talk about the link, wont shoot it down and deny it, we're a safe bet for them

Aubameyang can't play for 3 clubs in one season, only team that can buy him in January is Barca. 

• Like 1

Gregg Evans saying we might be after Auba just shows how he knows literally nothing.

I dont think Auba is an Emery type player in any way, shape or form.

Terrible journalism click bait nonsense, embarrassing.

Just now, MaVilla said:

Gregg Evans saying we might be after Auba just shows how he knows literally nothing.

I dont think Auba is an Emery type player in any way, shape or form.

Terrible journalism click bait nonsense, embarrassing.

Except when he played under Emery at Arsenal and was joint PL top scorer?

• Haha 3

Auba is a lazy link because he did so well under Emery, can't see that one at all. Not a huge fan of Ziyech, but would be a decent loan option. The Luiz links look interesting, he looks very much an Emery player, tall, decent in the air and direct enough as a winger to play that inside forward role. I do however see concerns to some that he looks a very similar player to Bailey, but he looks to have more potentiatl to play that hybrid forward/winger role Emery likes to utilise.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

There’s no way we are in for Ziyech or Auba. Gregg Evans is still on the Christmas brandy. 

Ziyech is being offered to prem clubs currently. Was linked to Newcastle a few days ago and Everton also been floated. Get the feeling he'll end up at West Ham.

Would be bizarre to replace Ings with Aubameyang so can't see that one happening at all.

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Ziyech is quality the only problem is that he is 30 soon. Still wouldn’t mind him though. 

That's how I think Newcastle will see him though and with their set up they don't care, 18 months to 2 years as a starter and an instant improvement to their starting 11 then 2 years dropping back as a squad player which is still an improvement to their squad

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

True dat. Would be an excellent signing and would push Bailey out the side.

I think he’d a good short term solution, I don’t think we’ll be casting Bailey aside though, these young wingers in Nico Willams and Luiz Henrique that are linked to us and have some people on here and social media raving about remind me of how people used to rave about Bailey.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Gregg Evans has proven himself to know nothing about our transfer dealings in every previous transfer window, I've no reason to believe that has changed.

Correct.  If Evans says we're after someone nobody else has reported we're after, I'd bet money against it.  Such a disgrace to have this numpty be our club's Athletic reporter because their coverage for NBA/NFL is fantastic and worth every penny of the subscription cost.