January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

The most logical and best strategy we can use now is we bring in a forward on loan who may not be getting a regular start at one of the bigger clubs across europe until the summer of course and then bring in one of our own

"Proven Premier League goalscorer" for the summer from the Times is a weird quote. It's either a throw away line (which is what I'd assume if it was Talksport or a Rag).

But assuming it's not, there aren't many that are a) available b) not just Ings part 2.

Current PL Top Scorers (Strikers Only)

Haaland, Kane, Rashford, Nunez, Jesus - No Chance

Ivan Toney - Maybe, huge ban impending though

Mitrovic, Callum Wilson - Maybe? (Wilson v. Unlikely)

I can't really see any of those. And that's all the strikers in the Top 20 scorers.

Other "PL Proven" Strikers in Europe

La Liga - Morata, Cavani, Sorloth

Serie A - Lookman, Arnautovic, Dzeko, Tammy

Bundesliga - Mane, Sane, Werner

Ligue Un - Lacazette

A lot of No Hopes there and some that very much stretch of "PL Proven".

Back to Tammy I suppose. 

Edited by HalfTimePost

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

From things I've read. Jonathan David is Ollie with a higher ceiling and versatility 

Stylistically, I think he would fit into the Emery system. In terms of overall ability and potential, I don’t watch French football so my viewpoint is somewhat limited…but he was utter trash at the WC. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

OK retracted, but what good is a system if you don't score goals? 

We're 22 goals in 19 games, which puts us 14th in terms of goals scored. 3 of those were scored by strikers currently on our books. 

You can't count Gerrard's games as part of this system and Emery's record since he has come in speaks for itself.

Moreover, the way we play isn't just designed for strikers to score goals - other positions chip in too. 

Just now, lexicon said:

You can't count Gerrard's games as part of this system and Emery's record since he has come in speaks for itself.

Moreover, the way we play isn't just designed for strikers to score goals - other positions chip in too. 

Wolves game recently of perfect example of experienced striker coming on to win us a point (and should've been three given it was a brilliant pass from the halfway line).

That's why we need another CF for those type of situations as we were awful for 70 minutes of that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Wolves game recently of perfect example of experienced striker coming on to win us a point (and should've been three given it was a brilliant pass from the halfway line).

That's why we need another CF for those type of situations as we were awful for 70 minutes of that.

I agree but I don't think anybody is saying that we don't need to sign another attacker.

If we’re hunting around Ligue 1, I’d much rather have Weah as an American over Mckennie. Would be cheaper but has pace and decent dribbling. More someone to run at the end of a through ball but might return a value if he’s coached correctly. 

Valuation is in the 15m range. 

• Like 1