January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

13 minutes ago, lexicon said:

So some of you lot are shitting your pants because we've just sold a guy who didn't do a thing against Stevenage for 15m and moved his six figure weekly salary off the books?

You mean our top scorer?

I'm not shitting my pants, though btw. Just thought you were being dismissive of Danny's worth.

• Like 1

Just now, HKP90 said:

You mean our top scorer?

I'm not shitting my pants, though btw. Just thought you were being dismissive of Danny's worth.

Top scorer technically - hardly an important member of the team. He's not done badly but nobody can say with a straight face that he ever really fit into the system, let alone under Emery. I wish him all the best but this is nothing to be remotely bothered about. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

Top scorer technically - hardly an important member of the team. He's not done badly but nobody can say with a straight face that he ever really fit into the system, let alone under Emery. I wish him all the best but this is nothing to be remotely bothered about. 

I don't know how you can say with a straight face that any team's top scorer is 'not an important member' of that team.  

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Oh sorry, one thing in that game we lost against **** Stevenage. 

Yeah, he actually did something!  You could've picked from a fair few games where he did nothing... but went for one where he got an assist :D 

We should probably sack off Bailey and Luiz though.  They played a full 90 and did nothing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Yeah, he actually did something!  You could've picked from a fair few games where he did nothing... but went for one where he got an assist :D 

We should probably sack off Bailey and Luiz though.  They played a full 90 and did nothing.

I don't really want to slag Ings off here - I've nothing against him. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I don't know how you can say with a straight face that any team's top scorer is 'not an important member' of that team.  

It's pretty simple and easy to do when they've scored a total of 2 goals more than the guy in 2nd and aren't a first team member because they don't fit into the system.

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

It's pretty simple and easy to do when they've scored a total of 2 goals more than the guy in 2nd and aren't a first team member because they don't fit into the system.

Agreed but 3 goals in 188 mins under Emery is impressive. He basically won us the game against Brighton

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

You mean nearly twice as many as Watkins? Look I know what you mean, and I'm all for a shake up. I know UE knows what he's doing, but Danny was a good goalscorer. Perhaps our only decent finisher, and that's worth something. Certainly more than 'he's crap cos he didn't score against Stevenage' when literally everyone was crap that day. 

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Agreed but 3 goals in 188 mins under Emery is impressive. He basically won us the game against Brighton

Like I said, I don't want to slag the guy off and appreciate that he did some good stuff for us but this deal was a no brainer when you look at the overall context of the transfer.

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

Like I said, I don't want to slag the guy off and appreciate that he did some good stuff for us but this deal was a no brainer when you look at the overall context of the transfer.

Agreed, but only if we get a replacement. Which I fully expect to happen.