January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

Think today showed that we need another midfielder who can control the ball and the play.  Kamara and Luiz were brilliant but as soon as the ball went to JJ or Emi B we were under pressure and we couldn't get the ball to stick up top.  Having a third player comfortable on the ball will allow more of our triangles to work and is likely to suddenly find someone in space with time to try and make something happen. 

I thought Moreno was pretty good given he's been at the club for less than 48 hours - fantastic "save" and will probably think that he should have buried the match by making it 3-0. 

We clearly need another striker. 

And I can see that having someone fast to swap with Bailey will give us a real threat.

I thought that Konsa and Mings were pretty good - although I am never entirely comfortable when they are trying to knock the ball around at the back!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jareth said:

What did he get right previously?

A few things. Someone with a better memory than me will remind us. I follow him, he gets shit because his sister in law work at the club in some capacity and it’s sound like BS but he has form

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Folski said:

Definitely need a wide player and striker

Indeed especially considering the injuries. We shouldn't be the attack needs reconstructive surgery.

What Emery should be able to focus on is getting a defender in who actually wants to play how he wants to play because that is our major stumbling block at the minute. Last 2 home games have been a goal haul of 4 pts and tonight was really fun but its painful viewing watching 2 defenders who don't want the ball trying to pretend they're trying to build from the back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

We must seem a much more attractive proposition to any potential signing now.  Elite manager/coach and a possible European place to fight for.

The badge you have on your display is 100x better than the one chosen ☹️

• Thanks 1