January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

An offer in the region of 25m-30m and Villa should bite Chelsea’s hand off.

I’m sure Emery could use two thirds of that fee to get someone better and more technically proficient.

Exactly the same with Digne should someone come in for him.

The only current Villa players I’d keep are Martinez, Mings and Kamara. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, paul514 said:

I really dont want to be signing a guy that turns 30 in june with a less than impressive career to date.

Not much more than trivia this, but I just finished a class with my student. He's a commentator here in Spain who covers La Liga and he says Moreno is great and that he didn't understand why Enrique didn't call him up to the national team. I imagine if we want to sign him there's a reason for it.

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, John said:

Haven't they heard we're not a selling club? Cash is going through a sticky patch at the moment, but he is an international and a starter for us. We should slam the phone down on them, unless they want to make us an offer that we really can't refuse (which I very much doubt, for me it would need to be at least double £25m) and they should also throw a couple of their "fringe" players into the deal as a sweetener. In any case, we are 11th and they are 10th, we shouldn't be helping our mid-table competitors and it is not a very big step up is it?;)

Cash isn't Emery first choice. Young is.

Cash isn't a Emery type of RB. He likes his RB to drop back 

Yet another ludicrously dishonest transfer-related headline from Reach plc. The headline clearly asserts that the owners have actually sent a "warning" of some sort to Emery about transfers following the cup exit. But the non-story story on another media source merely quotes Nigel Reo-Coker apparently speculating that such a warning would be understandable -- and that link doesn't work, anyway, so what does it matter? It's despicable Villa journalism. I don't see how a respectable writer like John Townley can allow his name to be associated with this kind of CTR-driven deception. Why don't reporters such as Townley speak up about this? I don't get that. It could be Townley himself headlining his posts, but it's likely a digital sub-editor, I would guess. Either way, it's unacceptable. It muddies the news landscape and fails the community.  

NSWE sent Unai Emery transfer warning after Aston Villa's embarrassing FA Cup exit

Edited by Marka Ragnos

18 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Not much more than trivia this, but I just finished a class with my student. He's a commentator here in Spain who covers La Liga and he says Moreno is great and that he didn't understand why Enrique didn't call him up to the national team. I imagine if we want to sign him there's a reason for it.

Wipe on wipe off Rolta san

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I went to work for a bit, I see Matt Cash is off to Chelsea according to a tweet, what else have I missed today?

Bale has officially retired, Chelsea are getting Felix and we need a clear out according to VT.

2 hours ago, turvontour said:

Anyone becoming bored by the turnover of players in football. Maybe it's always been there, just seems rediculous right now. Regular change in managers probably also contributes.

Yeah, I see where you are coming from. Very difficult to have any great affinity to players when the turnover is so high. They're just pieces on a board now. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I went to work for a bit, I see Matt Cash is off to Chelsea according to a tweet, what else have I missed today?

i saw a flying pig today, went right over my house, does that count?

On 07/01/2023 at 06:23, nick76 said:

Oh I agree generally, I just think it’s unfair generally that Ings gets lumped in with some of the others.  He does his job very well, give him service and he can score.

Not to mention his assists! Another one against Stevenage, and almost one for Bailey against Wolves...

• Like 3