January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

1 hour ago, burchy said:

https://www.capology.com/club/aston-villa/salaries/

Not sure how accurate they are but some of them state they’re verified. Digne is a highest earner apparently. 

he's a decent player, but not worth 160k a week in a million years.

Keinan Davis on 45k a week also, lol wth.

Edited by MaVilla

44 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

tbh, and i cant believe im saying this as its been a problem for 3-4 years, but i honestly think with Kamara, Luiz & Dendoncker competing for the 2 midfield slots, i think the midfield 2 is probably the strongest area of our team right now.

Honestly, i would rather spunk any money we do have elsewhere in the 11 for now.

Although I love Cashy, I think he's been one of the steals of the century (hyperbole alert and I know it) I think we could upgrade the right back position quite easily, especially if Athletico want to give us stupid money for him. 

The 11 position makes sense too though,  someone with pace and directness would do. Like a left sided Leon Bailey.

I’m surprised still no links to Álex Baena LW at Villarreal who for me the most realistic out Pino, Jackson &  Chukwueze… They’re desperately trying to raise his release fee which stands @ €30Mill, as he’s been linked with Citeh, Arsenal, Chelsea & Plop previously. 

On 10/12/2022 at 07:34, Delphinho123 said:

Very good player. 

Good on the ground....lacks height for me, to play centre back.

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 2

What's the opinion on attempting to sign Rabiot in the summer?

Will be on a free in the summer and yes high wages but hasn't stopped us in last 18 months and we have Kamara and Digne as guys he knows.

Played for Emery at PSG and there's a statistical model that says his qualities are very similar to Ramsey in terms of output.

Of course we don't want Jacob anytime soon but you always have to think ahead in football nowadays rather than just taking a season off because we have no idea how to replace our best homegrown player when he leaves.

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Will be on a free in the summer and yes high wages but hasn't stopped us in last 18 months and we have Kamara and Digne as guys he knows.

Played for Emery at PSG and there's a statistical model that says his qualities are very similar to Ramsey in terms of output.

Of course we don't want Jacob anytime soon but you always have to think ahead in football nowadays rather than just taking a season off because we have no idea how to replace our best homegrown player when he leaves.

He wanted about  £300k a week off United didn't he?  I think he has put himself back in the window for the Champions League clubs during the World Cup.

Yes his Mum is a total nightmare to deal in contract negotiations by all accounts.

He said in press conference last week he wanted to play in England next as he was at Man.City as a youth.

Not sure where in CL he could end up as Spurs have endless types like him in CM,dosen't really suit a Arsenal signing these days, Man. United passed him up in the summer and signed Eriksen instead and Liverpool still going all in for Bellingham.

Perhaps Chelsea will go in for him as Jorginho replacement.

That's the advantage of having Emery as manager now anyway and if we can get Coutinho off the books in the summer that will give us decent wage flexibility. 

On 10/12/2022 at 18:12, MotoMkali said:

https://football-italia.net/juventus-set-price-tag-for-chelsea-spurs-and-man-utd-target-mckennie/

Apparently Mckennie agent has reached out to us. He's a good player but not sure he'd start over Luiz or Kamara. Would give us a lot of depth though. 

No but he’d definitely fit as a wide midfielder the role Ramsey, Mcginn, Buendia play.

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

No
NO 
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Take him. Wouldn’t have said this last summer, but he’s been quietly having a very good world cup and on a free, could certainly do worse. His stats in Serie A have improved considerably too.