January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

43 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Lo Celso is a class player. I'd love him here. 

Was listening to Tim Vickery talk about him and he said he's a big miss for Argentina, as he links the play. 

Is he injured, or was he dropped from the Argentina squad?

6 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Say what you like about Zaha but he's better than anything we have here. He's a superb player and I think he'd thrive up front in our system.

Wages etc. would be an issue. 

I think he'll go abroad personally. He was linked to PSG a few years back so think that will be his way of playing for a CL team before his career is out.

Some really really exciting names in that potential free transfer list...imagine signing likes of Skinrar and Tielemans in same summer with Emery managing them. We'd fill a 50k stadium no problem with that quality in our first 11 alongside existing players.

1 hour ago, ccfcman said:

The grief Zaha gets is the biggest pile of shite known to man. He gets kicked up and down the pitch every week, his attitude and work rate are great, scores worldies for fun and has shown serious loyalty as be rebuilt his career. He's head and shoulders above anyone playing in a Villa jersey right now. 

I'd caution it's his skin colour that catalyses so much of the abuse and ridicule he receives. Mings faces the same baseless garbage from opposition fans, he's an easy target and yet statistically makes less errors leading to goals than Tarkowski, Coleman, Michael Keane & Ben Godfrey.

Don't think I'm calling anyone racist, but the pattern of questioning the attitude, aptitude and application of black players is painfully transparent and fundamentally lazy.

Bullshit - Mings got to that miserable MoFo last, it's not racism.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ccfcman said:

The grief Zaha gets is the biggest pile of shite known to man. He gets kicked up and down the pitch every week, his attitude and work rate are great, scores worldies for fun and has shown serious loyalty as be rebuilt his career. He's head and shoulders above anyone playing in a Villa jersey right now. 

I'd caution it's his skin colour that catalyses so much of the abuse and ridicule he receives. Mings faces the same baseless garbage from opposition fans, he's an easy target and yet statistically makes less errors leading to goals than Tarkowski, Coleman, Michael Keane & Ben Godfrey.

Don't think I'm calling anyone racist, but the pattern of questioning the attitude, aptitude and application of black players is painfully transparent and fundamentally lazy.

He’s a hot head, that’s why he gets ridicule and abuse. It’s too easy to set him off and every forward player gets kicked up and down the pitch, it’s a physical sport. For anyone that watches college basketball/ NBA, he’s the Grayson Allen of soccer. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

Why Would he go from West Ham 1st choice to our back up

They also have an option to extend his deal

I have to admit I didn’t see the 1yr option, just saw his age and his contract finishing in the summer.  I’m not sure who the other keepers are at West Ham so probably a no brainer for them to extend his deal. 

Are there any other mid to late 30s keepers that would be an improvement on Olsen that we could get in for a couple of years?

There are some seriously good free transfers coming up in the Summer. There might be a few teams bidding decent amounts of money in Jan to tie up those deals a little earlier. The selling club obviously have little choice but to accept.

Not sure we have any chance of attracting the likes of Tielemans and Zaha but always worth a shot!

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

There are some seriously good free transfers coming up in the Summer. There might be a few teams bidding decent amounts of money in Jan to tie up those deals a little earlier. The selling club obviously have little choice but to accept.

Not sure we have any chance of attracting the likes of Tielemans and Zaha but always worth a shot!

https://www.transfermarkt.com/statistik/endendevertraege

We did well last summer with Kamara on a free. Hopefully there is a few on that list we are looking at.

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/statistik/endendevertraege

We did well last summer with Kamara on a free. Hopefully there is a few on that list we are looking at.

my lord there is some talent on a free this summer.

Skriniar, Rashford, Tielemans, Jorginho, Zaha, Dalot, Ndicka, Trossard, Lemar, Thuram, Kamada, Moukoko, Laimer, Depay, Aouar, Brereton Diaz, Ceballos, Khedira.....the list goes on......

I hope we can secure one or two (or three)! 😁

10 hours ago, ccfcman said:

It's nothing to do with the fact that he's black. Literally millions of opposition fans gave exactly the same grief to Grealish whilst he played for us and he's the whitest man on the planet. 

He's a word removed. End of story. Nothing to do with his application. 

Incredible player though, and you're right, he's shown proper loyalty to Palace during a period where he could have gotten a much much bigger move.