Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

We have to be prepared for anything now but yeah I think way this season has gone there's more chance of Brentford beating Man. City than Spurs beating Leeds now in the scenarios presented on final day.

End of the day we beat Brighton and we're in 7th no matter what happens elsewhere so that's the relatively simple task on offer.

If we draw then we're also in if Spurs and Brentford don't win so that's more the look at scores on your phone every two minutes scenario.

I think the crowd next week have a part to play

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

2 wins, 2 draws, 2 defeats in the last 6, a little bit erratic that.

(Obviously the 7 wins and 1 draws in the 8 before that was superb).

Cant quite believe we took it to the last day, with our destiny in our own hands, great stuff.

How is it erratic. We’ve had Brentford, Liverpool and United away in those 6 games. Liverpool have lost once in the last 41 home games and Brentford have only been beaten twice at home all season. Wolves away was the only disappointing result in the last 14 games ffs. 

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

We can but would need to win by about 20 goals 😂.

giphy.gif

it would take the biggest ever PL win. The chance must be 0.01%.

It could happen but it almost certainly won’t. It’s 50/50.

Edited by fightoffyour

3 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

So basically we can't get europa league if Brighton beat Southampton

No, but who wants it, we are not good enough yet, best to get Europa Conference, more chance of winning that, especially that West Ham have got to the final and their shite!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WHY said:

How is it erratic. We’ve had Brentford, Liverpool and United away in those 6 games. Liverpool have lost once in the last 41 home games and Brentford have only been beaten twice at home all season. Wolves away was the only disappointing result in the last 14 games ffs. 

calm down yikes, i wasnt saying we were rubbish, why does everyone have to go off the cliff over basic comments.

4 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

So basically we can't get europa league if Brighton beat Southampton

Honest... I don't mind, think we'd have a great chance in the conference

And with where we were even 7th is still **** mental

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nepal_villan said:
3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

We can but would need to win by about 20 goals 😂.

actually just 8 or 9 goals 🤪

Or City beat them 5-0 and then we beat them 6-0 will do gives a 17 GD flip, allows them to beat Saints.  No problem! 😜😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Beat Brighton we get europe.

Leeds beat Spurs we get europe.

I'd say our chances are better than 50% which is great considering how low we were all feeling after the Wolves result.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 4

Just now, MaVilla said:

calm down yikes, i wasnt saying we were rubbish, why does everyone have to go off the cliff over basic comments.

I was more annoyed the fact you were being negative but you’re right I overreacted. Apologise mate UTV

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

You think brentford will be beat city?

They already have once this season.   

However, the situation for Villa's European ambitions is simple now:  If we win, we are in.