Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We're assuming Manchester United finish in the top 4. It's very much possible that we get 6th and only be in the Conference.

Huh? But then they would be 5th and take that place anyway…

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We're assuming Manchester United finish in the top 4. It's very much possible that we get 6th and only be in the Conference.

But they can't be in Europe League twice.

9 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Can’t wait for the ‘Villa’s Race for Europe 23/24’ thread, with the possibility of five CL spots next season.

It’ll be the title race thread next season :)

4 hours ago, CVByrne said:

How did we end 11th with 55 points that season under Deano. 55 points like! 

You always need 60 points to be in the mix for European football.

when we finished 11th with 55 points people said that the aim was this or that position the next year and I just said 60 points minimum should be the aim

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Perhaps I can clear things up a bit.

If Man Utd finish 5th AND win the fa cup vs city then 7th gets nothing.

otherwise 7th is conference and 5/6 is Europa.

I don't think that's correct.

If Man Utd finish 5th they get the Europa spot for 5th. If they win the FA Cup, they also get the Europa spot for winning the FA Cup. They can't be in the Europa league twice, so that spot drops down to 6th. 7th is then Conference League. 

• Like 1

Its amazing how all the other years follow a trend in terms of points, where as this year its clear where emery took over (after game week 13 - where we were at the lowest points score at that point, in the last 4 years), to a point where his points tally line has surpassed all other seasons shown, amazing stuff tbh, Emery's points tally line to cuts through all the others and leaves them in the dust 😁

Emery started in game week 14, with a 13 point deficit on our best year in the last 4 (20/21 - 25 points by game week 13 vs 22/23 - 12 points by game week 13), so he has turned around a 13 point deficit, and overtaken it by 2 points so far, with 2 games to go, so a 15 point swing as of right now, madness.

image.thumb.png.b3d11adb64981d63c3877b54d743dfa5.png

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Do you guys think I'm a bad person if I'd rather Villa NOT play in the Europa Conference next season?

That’s exactly what I think, it isn’t a popular opinion 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, paul514 said:

That’s exactly what I think, it isn’t a popular opinion 

For me I'm more interested in the Conference League than Europa. But again I won't say no to either.