Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

I never said top 8 will get you Europe.  I said Top 7 + Chelsea and West Ham if they win the CL and EC and finish outside top 7.

This is correct. PL can have a Max of 10 teams in the Europe.
UEFA wont mind all these extra PL teams in Europe now that Russian teams have been banned. Plenty of spaces.

Edited by SecretVillaScout

10 hours ago, SecretVillaScout said:

This is correct. PL can have a Max of 10 teams in the Europe.
UEFA wont mind all these extra PL teams in Europe now that Russian teams have been banned. Plenty of spaces.

I think it’s max 9 from England. Top 7 + West Ham; winning Conference League and Chelsea; winning ChampionsLeague. (West Ham and Chelsea have to be outside top 7)

If in addition ManU end up outside top6 and win European League, it will be top6 + West Ham, Chelsea and ManU. The reason is that England can have max 5 teams qualified for Champions League, top3 + Chelsea and ManU. 4, 5 and West Ham get European League, and 6 get Conference League.

Edited by viivvaa66
  • Like 1

I think if we can win today and West Ham beat Fulham, it might pretty much eliminate Fulham and leave us battling Liverpool, Brighton, Chelsea and Brentford for the two spots at 6th and 7th.

Our run in is so tough though that it's still going to be really difficult to do that.

13 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think if we can win today and West Ham beat Fulham, it might pretty much eliminate Fulham and leave us battling Liverpool, Brighton, Chelsea and Brentford for the two spots at 6th and 7th.

Our run in is so tough though that it's still going to be really difficult to do that.

It's not that tough. Tough teams that are basket cases right now are no longer tough especially with Emery at the wheel

12 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

It's not that tough. Tough teams that are basket cases right now are no longer tough especially with Emery at the wheel

Whilst I see your point, you can’t call them all basket cases. Newcastle, Brighton, Brentford, and Man Utd will all be tough games. Liverpool and Spurs are what I assume you’re thinking of with the basket case comment but can still be very dangerous. The great thing is that we are capable of beating each one of these teams, but it’s how likely are we to get results against all of them. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Whilst I see your point, you can’t call them all basket cases. Newcastle, Brighton, Brentford, and Man Utd will all be tough games. Liverpool and Spurs are what I assume you’re thinking of with the basket case comment but can still be very dangerous. The great thing is that we are capable of beating each one of these teams, but it’s how likely are we to get results against all of them. 

We are a runaway train Choo Chooooo

• Like 1

After last weekends pretty much perfect results..

Hoping for same sort of thing today.

Fingers crossed for

Villa 4 forest 0

Brentford 0 Newcastle 2

Fulham 1 West ham 1

Leicester 0 Bournemouth 1

Spurs 0 ( kane and kuluveski sent off) Brighton 0 ( couple players sent off)

Wolves 2 Chelsea 0

Southampton 2 man city 2

Leeds 0 Palace 1

Liverpool 0 arse 1

That way it keeps us gaining on Brighton and spuds and moving away from 8th points wise

It keeps Everton Leeds and wet spam firmly in the mire.

Come on lucky pants 🤞🍀🩲

Solidified 6/7th with Chelsea, Brentford, and Fulham all losing. We need to stay above Liverpool or Brighton and all the rest of course.

5th is also a very real possibility despite Tottenham winning today.

4th is getting increasingly difficult with Newcastle and Man Utd winning again but you better believe that Unai and the players will be aiming for that unless it becomes impossible. The latter might even be more catchable, but I’d love it, love it if we could beat the beer bellies into the Champions League.

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

It's utterly ridiculous that we are 6th. 

Think back to that loss to Fulham. How the **** have we turned this round by just signing a LB. 

What a manager. 

People around us having games in hand so the table isn't really that relevant yet.

But I agree Emery is performing wonders.