Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Let's see for tomorrow.

We really really really need West Ham to do their usual sit in and bore Newcastle to a 1-1 draw.

I wouldn't be surprised if they snatched a win.

1 minute ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

I jest in the post match euphoria, but if that result happens we can dream!

Newcastle got three away games on the spin now so hopefully their winning streak is halted. West Ham got a 1-1 away so decent chance they can do the same again, Brentford away is a ridiculous tough fixture these days for anyone so perhaps Newcastle lose that and then potentially we go 1 point behind them if we beat Forest and then them at VP.

Lots that needs to happen but no harm in dreaming.

• Like 2

Hand up when this thread went live I laughed. After the mess Steven made top 7 was fairy tales and unicorns. Now if we don't get Top 7 I'll be shattered. UTV!!! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Newcastle got three away games on the spin now so hopefully their winning streak is halted. West Ham got a 1-1 away so decent chance they can do the same again, Brentford away is a ridiculous tough fixture these days for anyone so perhaps Newcastle lose that and then potentially we go 1 point behind them if we beat Forest and then them at VP.

Lots that needs to happen but no harm in dreaming.

As a Villa fan I’m used to be disappointed, what is happening at the moment is just wrong.

Expecting us to win the remaining 9 matches and getting 3rd place, should provide a healthy amount of disappointment, and the world will normal again. If not, maybe I one day get used to smiling.

Still a tough shout, Brighton have two games in hand and are 16 goals better off.

Need Brentford to lose tomorrow or we drop a place

Talk of catching Newcastle is a bit unrealistic. They’re probably getting top 4. They’re 6 points ahead with 2 games in hand.

Every team above us has 2 games in hand except Spurs. 7th or 6th, anything beyond that is not happening unless we win every game.

10 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Still a negative goal difference, Emery out immediately. 

I'm still trying to work out how it got so bad. Newcastle 4-0 is the only real thumping we've had this season. Even in our run of defeats we "only" lost by two clear goals to Man. City and Arsenal which is par for most top half half teams.

Brentford earlier this season lost 4-0 to us and 5-1 to Newcastle and they're still at +9?!

Guess the big problem is we rarely beat anyone by more than a goal difference. Could do with another Bournemouth style win v Forest.