Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

Dare we dream, nothing is impossible with Unai Emery. Got to play the teams directly above us so in our hands as they say, my only concern is the squad maybe to thin, Cash out for couple weeks can Ashley play 3 games in a week ? Kamara struggling for Leicester game Tuesday & probs Forest Saturday, think we will have a good idea after Leicester & Forest in the coming week. But either way Europe next season or not its going to be a magical ride under Emery.

Still don't see Europe happening. Our form of late has been great but it's unlikely to continue all season. 

Would love to be incredibly wrong on that one. Would still be very happy with a top 10 position considering where we were when Unai took charge. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Still don't see Europe happening. Our form of late has been great but it's unlikely to continue all season. 

Would love to be incredibly wrong on that one. Would still be very happy with a top 10 position considering where we were when Unai took charge. 

Our best player Kamara was crocked and we beat Chelsea at their place. Emery is extracting performances from the entire squad. We can do it.

• Like 2

Europe means we have to finish 5th-7th depending on how the FA cup ends (Brighton) and on where Man U (as they won the fizzy drink cup) ends in the league, right?

Are there any more parameters? Man U in the Europa League? West Ham in the Conference doesn't matter right? Just like Chelsea in the CL?

That's still a lot of teams to pass and I think will be beyond us.

18 minutes ago, sne said:

Europe means we have to finish 5th-7th depending on how the FA cup ends (Brighton) and on where Man U (as they won the fizzy drink cup) ends in the league, right?

Are there any more parameters? Man U in the Europa League? West Ham in the Conference doesn't matter right? Just like Chelsea in the CL?

If West Ham win Conference, they go into the Europa League. That Europa League place comes out of Englands allocation, so only 5th gets Europa, not 6th as well. 

Not sure if similar rules for Man Utd if they win Europa.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SecretVillaScout said:

It it just me who's just been staring at the PL table all night?

Nope. I’ve legit convinced myself that we have momentum to get 4th.

😂. yes I’ve had the funny pills.

• Like 1

The end of the season funnily enough will show Don Unai who has the bollocks to challenge for trophies and CL qualification.

Realistically we will probably finish 7th (imo) but if we can get to 17-19 wins for the season (that’s what I predicted when Don Unai took over) then they’ve shown they have the cajones to build on it next for next season. 

56 points minimum should we get those 5 wins. Hopefully 7. Who wants to bet against Don Unai. 

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

If West Ham win Conference, they go into the Europa League. That Europa League place comes out of Englands allocation, so only 5th gets Europa, not 6th as well. 

6th would get Europa Conference in that scenario, 7th nothing. If United win EL they get a seeded CL spot rather than unseeded for top 4

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Surely 6th remains active given Man. United won the league cup and Newcastle were runners up and both will more than likely finish top 6?

Didn't know that about West Ham. Would be f***ing typical if they and Moyes win their first trophy in decades and we can't make europe because of that. I can still remember 2008 when we finished 6th but still had to go into Intertoto because the FA cup final was Pompey-Cardiff and also 2004 when we missed out because Millwall made the FA cup final.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MaVilla said:

not saying we will or wont get in to those European spots, as i dont want to jinx it, but one thing to consider is that although the table looks enticing at the moment, of the teams above us (places 5 to 8), Liverpool have 1 game in hand, Newcastle and Brighton both have two games in hand, the only team without any games in hand is Brentford.

Worst case scenario (for us), means that the teams above us in those european spots could be 7-12 points above us, with the same games played, if they win their 2 in hand.

Its a much bigger ask than it looks on paper right now (as the league looks closer than it actually is due to differing games played).

Newcastle and Brighton are playing each other in one of their games in hand so points will be dropped by at least one.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Surely 6th remains active given Man. United won the league cup and Newcastle were runners up and both will more than likely finish top 6?

Didn't know that about West Ham. Would be f***ing typical if they and Moyes win their first trophy in decades and we can't make europe because of that. I can still remember 2008 when we finished 6th but still had to go into Intertoto because the FA cup final was Pompey-Cardiff and also 2004 when we missed out because Millwall made the FA cup final.

6th would remain active, but for Europa Conference, not Europa League. The max amount of teams you’re allowed in Europe from one FA is 7.

I've been banging this drum for awhile now...

Emery will have been telling them European football is possible, it's confidence and positivity.

If we win the next three we could be fifth.

Maintain our current form and Europe is within reach.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sne said:

Ahem… 4th is only 8 points away and it’s a basket case club with no manager and a sporting director who’s just been banned for two years ;)