Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

13 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I don't know. I'm looking for seven points from Forest-Leicester-Newcastle. Newcastle don't score that many goals so not like that's one to be written off at home. Regardless of today that would get us to 45 points and then you're looking at four points from Brentford away and Fulham at home.

Then say beating Wolves away and Spurs at home would get us to 55 points so then it's another draw on top of that to get to 56 points.

Won't be easy but if we can keep everyone fit then it is possible way we're setting up.

Great if it happens, just think it’s overly optimistic and I don’t want to it that pressure on when we are still a work in progress.  Most likely we’ll win some, slip up on some unexpectedly and end up on 50-55 points.  

Really good weekend so far. Liverpool thrashed, Fulham lost (watched the second half and they're on the beach now as I suspected) and Brentford-Brighton being a draw.

9th if we win so I think we know the script here.....

• Like 1

Just now, nick76 said:

Great if it happens, just think it’s overly optimistic and I don’t want to it that pressure on when we are still a work in progress.  Most likely we’ll win some, slip up on some unexpectedly and end up on 50-55 points.  

Nick you do realise the irony of posting in a thread about europe just saying we'll win 2-3 more times this season.😉

We've already had two ten point from four games hauls under UE so will have to do it again in run in to have any chance but I think it's possible when you look at the cluster of games we have coming up.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Nick you do realise the irony of posting in a thread about europe just saying we'll win 2-3 more times this season.😉

We've already had two ten point from four games hauls under UE so will have to do it again in run in to have any chance but I think it's possible when you look at the cluster of games we have coming up.

Guess I’m just battered after recent times of a good streak followed by mishaps, individual mistakes etc and conceding goals.  17 points in the next 11 games is still a big haul to get us to 55 points.  We still have Chelsea, Man U, Liverpool and Spurs to play.  We still have to play teams above us as well in Brentford, Fulham, Brighton and Newcastle, and they are above us because they’ve had really good seasons and aren’t to be taken as lightly as some on here do.  Then even Wolves, Leicester and Forest aren’t easy matches.  We are flying under Emery but we know there are obvious issues with our team and it certainly needs strengthening in the summer. I guess I’m just being cautious somewhat.

Chelsea won't be easy, seven points from their last nine, for as poor as they've been doing overall are still above us in the league, and have a squad of players capable of giving anyone a game and getting a result, whilst disappointing I wouldn't read too much into a defeat, as they're a capable team.

But if we could get even just draw that would be a great result, and wouldn't even rule out a win.

Edited by useless

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Guess I’m just battered after recent times of a good streak followed by mishaps, individual mistakes etc and conceding goals.  17 points in the next 11 games is still a big haul to get us to 55 points.  We still have Chelsea, Man U, Liverpool and Spurs to play.  We still have to play teams above us as well in Brentford, Fulham, Brighton and Newcastle, and they are above us because they’ve had really good seasons and aren’t to be taken as lightly as some on here do.  Then even Wolves, Leicester and Forest aren’t easy matches.  We are flying under Emery but we know there are obvious issues with our team and it certainly needs strengthening in the summer. I guess I’m just being cautious somewhat.

6 wins from our final 11 means we can afford to lose to some of Chelsea and Man. United.

Bournemouth was supposed to be a difficult match but get an early goal v likes of Leicester and Forest and it suddenly becomes much more comfortable to get control and pick them off on the break.

I thought after the late Arsenal heartbreak we'd just phone the rest of the season in but credit to them 10 points from last 4 and you can see likes of McGinn, Mings and Ollie are desperate to show the manager they can play a big part in our fortunes in next two years.

That's the spine of their team so if they all continue in form we'll win a good amount of matches in the run in.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

6 wins from our final 11 means we can afford to lose to some of Chelsea and Man. United.

Bournemouth was supposed to be a difficult match but get an early goal v likes of Leicester and Forest and it suddenly becomes much more comfortable to get control and pick them off on the break.

I thought after the late Arsenal heartbreak we'd just phone the rest of the season in but credit to them 10 points from last 4 and you can see likes of McGinn, Mings and Ollie are desperate to show the manager they can play a big part in our fortunes in next two years.

That's the spine of their team so if they all continue in form we'll win a good amount of matches in the run in.

Ok I have a bit more belief now 🥳🥳🥳

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ferguson1 said:

Maybe a few more of you will start to believe now.

Nothing wrong with people being positive on here!

Finally! We are safe from relegation! Cut it close though 😉

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Onwards to 4th then...

To get 4th, we need the win the last 10 matches. Not very realistic, but it is allowed to hope.

More realistic a top 6 place would be nice.