Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Man City

limpid

Match Polls  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/09/22 at 22:59

2 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

But he stopped play as the linesman had his flag up. It's actually not the referees fault with this. It's a **** up by the linesman. Oops, I mean assistant referee.

Can the ref can decide to ignore the linesman? Genuinely asking as I'd imagine they can but I am not 100% certain.

Splitting hairs either way as I'm sure we can all agree they have **** us - ask if either of them have been so keen to stop play if it was a City attack? Absolutely **** not and that's why it is so scandalous.

6 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Lol you could’ve just avoided all this drama by explaining it. Oh well. Maybe the next mistake you’ll do better.

spacer.png

I know mate.  I’m sorry.

Sometimes you just assume that the person you’re talking to understands things to a certain level.

Anyway, the Cash yellow will have been for wasting time by taking too long to get off the field of play.  Ref had already come across and asked him to get off once, and he’s still just waking very slowly.

And if he takes a long time getting off, that slows things down, and the people on the other team get very angry and upset. And that might start a fight. So to stop that from happening, the referee gives a yellow card, to give the player a warning. And then the people on the other team  are happy because the bad time-wasting man got punished.

Edited by Thug

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

His interview annoyed me at times. 

He kept saying we might have to cut out the beautiful, technical, nice football at times to go with more fight.

Where the **** has the beautiful and technical football been to get rid of? What the **** is he talking about?

His instructions were just too advanced and intricate for the players to grasp. He had to dumb it down for them today to get a result.

• Haha 1

I marked the managers performance as very poor based on 2 things first, he has the worst player on the pitch as captain AGAIN, he is being stubborn, he should swallow his ego and put that right, and second, I did not see him do anything that I could say was good, he had no influence on the result.

Joke decision by the ref and Lino! If that was the other way around it wouldn’t have happened. It’s obvious we upset the premier league script today, these officials need looking at for sure.

I remain to be convinced if he lucked into that midfield setup through literally having exhausted all of his other options that he thought would work, or if it was by design… but I’ll be damned if I’m going to criticize it.

Felt like we were solid in the middle for the first time under Gerrard - maybe a little exaggeration. But it worked.

Got to stick with that setup until it’s not working again. Very competent and solid.

I pray that Bailey stays fit - I think he could become a Villa legend…

Edited by ChicagoVillan1983

Man City were absolutely terrifying today, the first half was the best I have seen Man City play. They would have ripped apart another relegation zone premier league team with another 6 nil.

Full credit to Gerrard and the players for weathering that storm. Now they know they can go toe to toe with the best team in the league who are playing at their best. 

Thats got to be a huge boost to everyone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Podster said:

I marked the managers performance as very poor based on 2 things first, he has the worst player on the pitch as captain AGAIN, he is being stubborn, he should swallow his ego and put that right, and second, I did not see him do anything that I could say was good, he had no influence on the result.

I’m one of the most consistent Gerrard out posters I would say, but there’s no way you can vote that very poor. The team selection was perfect. Mcginn got hooked first also. It’s a small step and you have to give credit where it’s due. Next weeks team will be telling 

• Like 3

Â