Leander Dendoncker

HalfTimePost

3 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I think we got him for a bargain as he had 1 year left on his contract and had a one year option to extend. 

Transfermarkt had him valued at €28m and we paid €15m. My guess is he's got 3 years left on his deal so any sale over £9.5m is profit. I think he'd get 14-16m in current market.

Transfermarkt had Wan Bissaka valued at 5m then the day after he signed for Man U they changed it to 50m. Grealish was 30m odd before signed for City. It's not relevant. They react after transfers happen

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Transfermarkt had Wan Bissaka valued at 5m then the day after he signed for Man U they changed it to 50m. Grealish was 30m odd before signed for City. It's not relevant. They react after transfers happen

Yup agreed transfermarkt player value holds no bearing on actual transfers fees. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Stade Rennais interested in singing Dendoncker (allegedly) 

No point, they won't pay for us to recoup his fee and he's also on a fair wedge here.

Given where Wolves are now shopping maybe a return trip? 

Edited by Dale
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dale said:

No point, they won't pay for us to recoup his fee and he's also on a fair wedge here.

Given where Wolves are now shopping maybe a return trip? 

Saw a further story mentioning Rennes, Nice and OL.

Apparently 10 - 12 mill euro discussed and moving rapidly so.

Who knows.

I feel he would do well in France.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Saw a further story mentioning Rennes, Nice and OL.

Apparently 10 - 12 mill euro discussed and moving rapidly so.

Who knows.

I feel he would do well in France.

i would have thought his wages would be an issue?!

For £12m I think he's a really really good buy for a lot of clubs. If he played for Aston Villa 2012-2018 he'd have been one of our best players.

Don't think we can get over £10m from anyone outside the PL.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

i would have thought his wages would be an issue?!

Hopefully, really is the kind of squad player we need to keep hold of with the amount of games we are likely to be playing in the coming season.

If we get good money or Emery doesn’t rate him or thinks Iroegbunum can play occasional games then fine. Otherwise I’d keep him for European games/minutes here and there. One of those I won’t have a strong opinion either way so may as well trust the club, but I do think he’s a solid squad player.

He does an excellent job coming on & tightenng things up ( Unless it's against Stevenage :bang: ), rarely give the ball away and his height really helps us on occasion too. Very good squad player for me.

I undertstand if we need space in that squad / wage bill though having said that.

• Like 1

It's strange as for the £10-13 million we brought him for I'd keep him, solid player as back up & done so well when call up on, be hard to replace for that kind of money. so unless there offering in the region of £20 million I'd say no thank you. 

• Like 1

Dendoncker is a solid squad player for us, comes in and does a job when needed but I guess if it wasn’t for Kamara picking up them 2 long term injuries last season I bet he would have seen very little game time and I’d imagine the club won’t want to stand in his way if they can recoup as much of the money as possible. 

He could easily be a main starter for a lot of clubs out there so I don’t think he will fancy sitting on the bench for another season despite the increase of games next season. If this does happen fairly soon I guess that could mean Tyler Adam’s might come through the door not long after especially since he can play RB. 

44 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Way too limited for the way Emery wants us to play. Had to go. Got nothing against the guy. Just think he’s very average and can understand why Wolves fans were happy to see him sold.

All the best Donk.

Disagree.

He's passable. A good back-up.

If we can't get £12m at least I'd expect him to stay tbh.

Â