Pre match thread

M_Afro

12 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

There seems to be a lot of carnally frustrated people on here tonight. Everyone's first thought seems to be tending towards lube. 

That's because we're frustrated, not masochists.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

Apart from the 2015 FA Cup final, one of my most depressing Villa v Arsenal memories has to be the home game in 2014. I went to Villa Park that day so full of hope and had the most delicious pre match balti pie. Was row 1, great view, great mood…then Arsenal went 3-0 within 36 minutes and I’d never felt so deflated. Can’t see tonight being much different in the levels of deflation sadly. 

That was one of Carlos Sanchez's most memorable performances IIRC. Looked in control, imperious on the ball even, stepping into midfield,  stroking beautiful passes... straight to an Arsenal player who was then pretty much through  on goal

• Haha 2

2-1 Arsenal. Or will be something shocking like 4-0 Arsenal.

Depends if Stevie has an epiphany and decides to defend the wings. If he does, I can see Villa scrounging around for a while before tiring and conceding.

But if he still plays his narrow defense with his emphasis on "out to in pressing" - it's going to be a long night.

The phrase, "We're going to get our arses kicked today" has been swimming in my head all morning. It's not what I want to believe, but damn, it's emphatic AF. Hoping against a tide of foreboding.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

Last season Arsenal tended to win and then draw/lose in blocks; this included two 3 game win streaks, two 4 game win streaks and one 5 game win streak.

They are going for 5 in a row tonight.

It wouldn't completely surprise me if they got complacent and we got something tonight

Cue us 2 down after 10 minutes 😀

Easy win for arsenal tonight, they will cruise to a 3 nil lead then take the foot off the gas to conserve their energy for their next game away against man yoo.

Hopefully there will be no "ole" football tonight