Ismaila Sarr

Aston_Villan4

Just now, The_Steve said:

Deal could still go ahead but it comes down to the agreements. Curious to happen so quick and to so quickly go on hold. 

Percy is saying it's basically off, I'd take his word.

On Saturday night I thought why are we signing a player for a redundant position in our team.  Now I've fully come round to it and viewed it as a sign of us changing our formation, the deal is off.  Lolz

Interesting that Gerrard thought he could push it through by calling Sarr to convince him. Maybe he had the opposite effect.

Either way it didn't work and this tells me that Gerrard's pulling power is no longer an asset to us. Basically the last good thing about him as a manager has failed, and we're now in no man's land with a guy who can't coach, can't motivate his players, and can't convince players to believe in the project anymore.

He's done.

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Percy didn’t break the story though so I’m more likely to believe the French media 

Sounds like you want this to go through lol im More than happy for it to breakdown 

Just now, RicRic said:

Sounds like you want this to go through lol im More than happy for it to breakdown 

He’s a good player so of course I’d be sad if he didn’t sign. Equally, we aren’t going to accept unfair demands of clubs or players. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Interesting that Gerrard thought he could push it through by calling Sarr to convince him. Maybe he had the opposite effect.

Either way it didn't work and this tells me that Gerrard's pulling power is no longer an asset to us. Basically the last good thing about him as a manager has failed, and we're now in no man's land with a guy who can't coach, can't motivate his players, and can't convince players to believe in the project anymore.

He's done.

He phoned him up and Sarr asked what your philosophy is ,where do you see me playing, fitting in and what's your development plan for me.

Gerrard replied run through brick walls, not sure, and we don't do development plans, find your own way, Souness did and he was sensational.

It was a bit weird in terms of timing anyway. For a club that does so well in keeping things a secret until a deal is all but done, it is a bit surprising how this has now played out. How/why was this leaked when it was?  And straight after a horrendous defeat…. Odd. Very odd.  

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

Very weird that the blame is being put on Gerrard when we simply don’t know. People will honestly twist anything to conform to their dislike of Gerrard. Let’s just wait and see. Hopefully, we are moving on several players. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, The_Steve said:

Very weird that the blame is being put on Gerrard when we simply don’t know. People will honestly twist anything to conform to their dislike of Gerrard. Let’s just wait and see. Hopefully, we are moving on several players. 

This. I’m not happy with Gerrard but when everything is twisted to have a dig at him i almost feel compelled to defend him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

He phoned him up and Sarr asked what your philosophy is ,where do you see me playing, fitting in and what's your development plan for me.

Gerrard replied run through brick walls, not sure, and we don't do development plans, find your own way, Souness did and he was sensational.

Gerrard then remembered he needed to look Sarr in the eye and was like...shit, I can't over the phone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Exactly. Gerrard doesn't get involved in the negotiations. He just talks to the player 

6 minutes ago, est1874 said:

He's done.

He didn't look him in the eye on the phone call

• Haha 1

Â