Match Thread: Crystal Palace v Villa

limpid

2 minutes ago, 1974Centenary said:

You better get used to him,he ain't going nowhere.

I disagree, I already think he is on his last 3-5 matches. The owners will act quickly, this may cost Purslow his job too

The positives are that we scored a nice goal and are still in the game. This is a tricky game so a draw wouldn't be a bad result. However we are riding our luck and if it wasn't for Emi, we would be losing.

I don't fancy us to hang on for 45 minutes, we need to start giving as good as we're getting.

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

This.

Opposition playing right through us as normal.

Said it before, doesn't seem to matter who we buy. Kamara was supposed to shore up our midfield. We're as porous as ever.

**** shite.

It does matter who we buy.  We need a midfielder to play alongside Kamara.  JJ and McGinn are too far upfield.  We need to sign someone to play with Kamara so that we are only starting with one of JJ or McGinn (at least in the majority of matches).  I'd have started Luiz over one of them but I don't think he is the answer either - he's good with the ball but not strong enough off it.  I think Sanson is the same.  One signing could make a massive difference to this team.

Just now, 1974Centenary said:

Buendia gets his chance and becomes invisible.

Buendia has nearly scored, injured himself making an important tackle and is constantly moving and asking for the ball. Compare that to Ramsey who has actually been invisible.

• Like 1

Just now, Nigel said:

Playing JJ and Mcginn in that midfileld with 3 strikers is killing us. One needs to come off for Luiz to give us a foothold in midfield.

Id take off JJ personally

Either of them, but yes get Luiz on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1974Centenary said:

Buendia gets his chance and becomes invisible.

No attacker would thrive in their system. I'd say the same if Coutinho was out there. Not one **** can put their foot on the ball and find a forward pass of quality.

We're appallingly badly managed and coached.

This was never going to be an easy game, Palace have talent. But we're playing below ourselves and doing absolutely nothing. Which falls to the manager. Sack him.

• Like 2

Palace know that if our centre backs have the ball they only want to pass to the full backs. If they cut that pass off we will just aimlessly thump it and they will pick up possession with there centre backs. 

The only positive is Cash looks likely to create a few chances and Zaha is a moron who could easily pick up a second yellow! 

• Like 1

Just now, allani said:

It does matter who we buy.  We need a midfielder to play alongside Kamara.  JJ and McGinn are too far upfield.  We need to sign someone to play with Kamara so that we are only starting with one of JJ or McGinn (at least in the majority of matches).  I'd have started Luiz over one of them but I don't think he is the answer either - he's good with the ball but not strong enough off it.  I think Sanson is the same.  One signing could make a massive difference to this team.

Sure.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Also, Zaha is a brilliant player but a proper little (well, not little...) shit too.

Can't decide if I like watching him play or hate watching him play.

He’s a fun player to watch but he just bitches a lot. Off the pitch though he seems like a sound guy.