Match Thread: Villa v Everton

limpid

1 minute ago, MattVillaPortsmouth said:

Just because he is not doing highlight reel stuff, his overall play I thought has been pretty good - movement, tracking, passing all been ok.  

Exactly. He’s been quiet but he’s been effective. Some solid passes, some good steals, etc.. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MattVillaPortsmouth said:

Just because he is not doing highlight reel stuff, his overall play I thought has been pretty good - movement, tracking, passing all been ok.  

Yep,  but remember haters will be haters,  they've already tied there colours to the mast,  and just awaiting to have a dig,  McGinn could score an hattrick and then give the ball away once and they'll be on him like flys to shite,  same with most of our players unless there not the new season flavour. 

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

Trez and Bamford 

nah gordon is shocking for it, sure he got multiple bookings for it last season and then got done for crying wolf vs liverpool (?) didnt get an all dayer because the refs know what he is

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think we are playing ok, AND winning?

We've had some very good moments and some very shakey moments, but positive on the whole IMO.

Have to reluctantly say I think McGinn is actually our weakest link.

Another midfielder beside Kamara takes this team up a level.

I think we have played really well! More than Ok. Agree about McGinn, he isn’t very good. 

2 minutes ago, penguin said:

I’d love to find a way to play both, yes you’d lack some pace but it would be one of the most creative attack forces in the league.

Stick a strong, composed player next to Kamara… that’s the solution… I hope we’re still going to be active in the transfer market…

Meanwhile, I’d much rather have Luiz there and only one of JJ or McGinn playing…

Bouba for captain! i know his english is not great but neither is Mcginn's😁..It has to be a crime somewhere in the world to not play buendia over coutinho.

I am also through experience not going to get excited about winning this match as it is always in Villa's modus operandi to throw it away.

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Bamfordesque

I remember when British media and players used to to slate the piss out of “the foreigners” for diving and play acting…

Nowadays, it’s the English players that are the absolute worst for it…

Just now, Tommo_b said:

I think we have played really well! More than Ok. Agree about McGinn, he isn’t very good. 

I'm trying to be balanced and measured as to be not called a " happy clapper " 🤣.

As it's " a poor Everton side " ( They did give Chelsea a good game )

I'll save my proper praise for the final whistle provided we take the 3 points. 🤞

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think we are playing ok, AND winning?

We've had some very good moments and some very shakey moments, but positive on the whole IMO.

Have to reluctantly say I think McGinn is actually our weakest link.

Another midfielder beside Kamara takes this team up a level.

I think ok is fair.

I don’t think there’s neutral fans watching this thinking Villa are playing well.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm trying to be balanced and measured as to be not called a " happy clapper " 🤣.

As it's " a poor Everton side " ( They did give Chelsea a good game )

I'll save my proper praise for the final whistle provided we take the 3 points. 🤞

In my book you're a happy clapper mate.