Weekends Football 12/14 August

andykeenan

As bizarre premier league results go, I feel the 7-2 is possibly the benchmark (obviously there’s maybe a touch of bias there, although objectively it has to be a strong contender). 

At half time I thought Brentford and Man Utd might be the new benchmark.

They are done under Ten Hag after 2 games. The players have zero heart. The manager is out of his depth. Winning in Holland and doing ok in the champ league is nowhere near the level of the Prem. 

I think three quarters of prem teams could get top 4 in the other big leagues. The gap is huge.

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

They are done under Ten Hag after 2 games. The players have zero heart. The manager is out of his depth. Winning in Holland and doing ok in the champ league is nowhere near the level of the Prem. 

I think three quarters of prem teams could get top 4 in the other big leagues. The gap is huge.

The United dressing room needed a major shock to the system. He should have called several players agents in and told them they were finished and to find them new clubs.
Screamed in the face of the CEO every day that he didn’t deliver the players he needed. 

Nominated a new captain.

Hauled off players that are not working hard enough.

Instead he’s basically just going with the flow and doing exactly what I would do if I WANTED to be sacked.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

The United dressing room needed a major shock to the system. He should have called several players agents in and told them they were finished and to find them new clubs.
Screamed in the face of the CEO every day that he didn’t deliver the players he needed. 

Nominated a new captain.

Instead he’s basically just going with the flow and doing exactly what I would do if I WANTED to be sacked.

Brentford covered 10 percent more distance. Thats insane 

Just now, MWARLEY2 said:

Brentford covered 10 percent more distance. Thats insane 

Yes, what’s the incentive to work hard? Rashford, Ronaldo, Fred, Mctominay, Sancho will all be in the squad next week.

They all know it.

Pogba was a disgrace for 5 years and they still tried to give him a £280k a week contract to stay.

The club is utterly clueless. 

37 minutes ago, Genie said:

Nominated a new captain.

And not confined his shopping to the Netherlands. Dutch people are ace, but their football is WSL standard.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

2 humiliating losses

They also lost 4-0 at Brighton at the back end of last season.

They are horrendous.

Great eh? :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

They're are shit footballers and there is Scott McTominay. Can't run. Can't pass. Can't tackle. Takes half an hour for his brain to process his legs to move.

Totally and utterly **** shit.

And he's still the best they've got - they only seem to have two actual midfielders in the squad, him and Fred - they're preposterously unbalanced, they have no number nine and seventy five wingers/forwards/number tens.

This is what happens when you sign players to sell shirts, not make teams.

54 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

It's disgusting really, since Fernandes new contract of 380k a week, he's done f**** all but moan at his team mates for his own f*** ups.

A manager with bottle would throw him with the under 21s.

I'd hate him on Villa. Such a sniveling prick on the pitch. Embarrassing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

They also lost 4-0 at Brighton at the back end of last season.

They are horrendous.

Great eh? :D 

I'm enjoying every minute of it! 

And I don't feel sorry for Ten Hag, he's getting paid a fortune.

Long may they suck!

Â