Weekends Football 12/14 August

andykeenan

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It's not a foul though is it. They both step across and run into each other at the same time. Antonio is just got more momentum.

It's a difficult one to call. I'm not sure that Antonio helped himself by adding the big arm movement - if the players just bump into each other it might not look as bad, but the big shove he added makes it difficult not to give.

Could go either way, but I think I'm comfortable with the referee's decision.

2 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

What a fookin finish . Come on Forest . 

I was just saying to my son that the Forest number 9 was great at finding space, but I've seen brick walls with a better first touch, then the geezer goes and scores a goal up there with the best.

1 minute ago, bielesibub said:

I was just saying to my son that the Forest number 9 was great at finding space, but I've seen brick walls with a better first touch, then the geezer goes and scores a goal up there with the best.

it was a ricochet of his knee 😃

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It's not a foul though is it. They both step across and run into each other at the same time. Antonio is just got more momentum.

Nah, Antonio deliberately moves to block the defender off.  It's a clear foul.

• Like 3

Forest still have a lot of appeal despite the change in personnel, and what a way to score their first top-flight goal in 23 years.

The football gods smiled on Forest with that ricochet.

It will take a lot of guts to keep up that pace for another 45 minutes.

May the luck be with them!

17 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

foul all day long. completely blocked him from being able to apply pressure on Rice.

it may have been accidental but it's still a foul. 

Edited by PieFacE

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

They both literally step left and right at the same time

Yes - with the defender looking to get to the ball and Antonio looking to block off the defender.  He only has eyes for the defender.  He has his hands up, ready to block him.

Â