162 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be Captain?

• Mings
    • Martinez
    • McGinn
    • Young
    • Carlos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/07/22 at 19:47

Just now, briny_ear said:

It’s just another outlet for a few posters to continue their theme that Gerrard is clueless as a manager. 

Gerrard chooses McGinn as captain, so it must be a mistake, is their reasoning.

Gerrard chose muesli for his breakfast, the clueless idiot. No Villa manager has chosen muesli since Tim Sherwood.

Whether he is clueless or not will depend on results. 

He has his own players and a pre season to prep them to his liking.

Just over a week until the season starts and we get to see how good he is.

5 minutes ago, Rossi said:

What ever people's stance on Gerrard is, let's be honest, mcginn was the obvious choice as captain.

If that's the case, then going by the poll at the top of this thread, the majority on people who voted are as dumb as f***

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Rossi said:

What ever people's stance on Gerrard is, let's be honest, mcginn was the obvious choice as captain.

Really?

1 hour ago, sparrow1988 said:

If that's the case, then going by the poll at the top of this thread, the majority on people who voted are as dumb as f***

Everyone*  .. the votes for McGinn ALL came in after it was announced.

• Like 2

He'd be my captain from what I can see.  Seems really well liked and respected, never in trouble, and plays in the centre of the park. I also think, when used properly, he is one of our best players. I see a big season for SJM with Kamara behind him and anymore settled and fit group of inside forwards in front of/around him.

4 hours ago, lexicon said:

1) We literally just took another football club's manager to handle the tactical side of things in Neil Critchley after that job was held by Michael Beale

Has he come in to handle tactics? Where has it been said that is the case? Or have we employed a highly rated coach to join as assistant manager/coach?

I really can’t see how hiring an assistant manager is being used as a criticism, every manager does this. 

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

I am curious how it was so obvious

Probably cos of his popularity amongst the team to start with, the fact he's an out field player to, I'm not a massive fan of goal keepers being captain. Plus, he might take on the extra responsibility and thrive on it, let's face it sometimes Mings looked like it was weighing him down. Anyway for me it's not a shock like it seems to be amongst a lot of villa fans.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

Really?

Everyone*  .. the votes for McGinn ALL came in after it was announced.

Exactly, this was after it was announced as my mate didn’t believe it was 0 votes for him 😂

88EC3F10-07F7-4849-86F6-B913EBF74890.jpeg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Has he come in to handle tactics? Where has it been said that is the case? Or have we employed a highly rated coach to join as assistant manager/coach?

I really can’t see how hiring an assistant manager is being used as a criticism, every manager does this. 

It's not a criticism - I thought the way in which the team worked was fairly well known 😕

1 hour ago, Rossi said:

Probably cos of his popularity amongst the team to start with, the fact he's an out field player to, I'm not a massive fan of goal keepers being captain. Plus, he might take on the extra responsibility and thrive on it, let's face it sometimes Mings looked like it was weighing him down. Anyway for me it's not a shock like it seems to be amongst a lot of villa fans.

I don't think it was.

Some were just asking how much coaching Stevie G does. A lot or very little - it doesn't matter so long as results are decent. 

I mean Critchley is obviously a Stevie G apt - so the kudos or otherwise rests with SG.

Edit : wrong quote - but you get the point.

Edited by hippo

16 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

darren bent on the decision (he approves) also starting at 1:20 he gives yet another example of how awful Paul Lambert was as a manager.

kin hell Alan has had a few was it Hutton.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rbcuk said:

Exactly, this was after it was announced as my mate didn’t believe it was 0 votes for him 😂

88EC3F10-07F7-4849-86F6-B913EBF74890.jpeg

Trump “Fake news, he won the poll by a landslide” 

• Like 1

Â