Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2022/23

Rds1983

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

I've just had another tinker and I think my only decision now is Kane or Haaland. I'm still thinking Haaland as I prefer the look of WHU / BOU / NEW to SOU / CHE / WOL in the first three fixtures

I've gone with Kane. I just think you know what you're gonna get with him. Haaland may indeed be Hauland, and even though he had a very good xG in the Community Shield, it did look like it would take some time for him to fit into how they play and he's already a bit of Pep rotation risk without considering the fact he's previously missed a few games here and there with muscular problems and knocks. Of course he and Pep will want him to get up to speed ASAP, but they actually don't need him playing 90 and banging in a hat trick each match in August to beat the teams they're up against.

Of course, he will haul 100 points this month :D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yeah, I'm toying with that tactic myself, it's the only way to beat the potential of losing money on the transfer and gets you both strikers top fixtures in the first two weeks. You just have to pray you get no injuries in the first week :D

yep...it's risky, but i'm OK with the bench in terms of game time or worst case i'll take the -4 point hit.

18 minutes ago, bickster said:

£9mil in Keepers is somewhat extravagant. WIth Ederson as first choice why waste £0.5mil having Sanchez on the bench when you can have Ward for £4.0 mil ? Even that get's you £0.5mil in the bank for any transfer you might want to do going into Wk2. Paying over minimum for a bench keeper seems like a waste

With so much invested upfront you are also somewhat limited in the formations you can pick as the talent is all stacked in the one department

4/10 WNB :D

its a squad game  :)

4 hours ago, bickster said:

£9mil in Keepers is somewhat extravagant. WIth Ederson as first choice why waste £0.5mil having Sanchez on the bench when you can have Ward for £4.0 mil ? 

It's actually 10mil in keepers which is even more extravagant. Every season I wish there was a way to only spend 8mil on keepers and this year we finally have it. No way I'm looking that gift horse in the mouth.

Just now, YouUnastanFren said:

It's actually 10mil in keepers which is even more extravagant. Every season I wish there was a way to only spend 8mil on keepers and this year we finally have it. No way I'm looking that gift horse in the mouth.

Unless Leicester buy a new Keeper :D

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

Unless Leicester buy a new Keeper :D

That would be classic FPL moment, especially if it appears out of nowhere 10 minutes after the deadline. Seems like they're just after Foster for a 3rd choice though so hopefully works out for at least 4 GWs

Edited by YouUnastanFren
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

That would be classic FPL moment, especially if it appears out of nowhere 10 minutes after the deadline. Seems like they're just after Forster for a 3rd choice though so hopefully works out for at least 4 GWs

Vlachodimos of Benfica and Lafont of Nantes are both rumoured too :D

I’m settled on my team, but foolishly I’ve barely looked past GW1 for fixtures.

With a few hours to go, and my team going through many, MANY changes in recent weeks… I’m now going to worryingly look at the fixtures my 11 (with no bench other than N Williams 😬) will have in the coming weeks.

Eek.

Edited by Rob182

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

I’m flip flopping on the Perešić issue… going to put him in!! 

I had him back in today and have him back out now. Andy from Let's Talk FPL made a good point. If you get it wrong with Perisic in week 1 then you are going into Chelsea away in week 2. Would they make Chelsea away his debut and would you even want him for it if they did?. Then West Ham week 5 is midweek. If he's struggling to play 3 times in a week he'll probably miss that one.  So now you're in a situation where if he doesn't play week 1 then he's either unavailable or not wanted (@ Chelsea) for 3 of the first 5 gameweeks. In that situation I think the risk outweighs the reward so I've gone with  ... Digne and we'll re-assess in week 3 or 4.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Vlachodimos of Benfica and Lafont of Nantes are both rumoured too :D

Brenton seems set. From his press conference today:

What's he looking for from Ward or Iversen?

“You’re looking for a goalkeeper who can stop the ball going in the net, can distribute and can deal with the pressure. Kasper was a guy of consistency, so the next guy coming in will be ready. I’ve always said Ward is a number one, Iversen has gone away and done well. I don’t feel like I need to look outside for a new goalkeeper.”

There's still room on the 8.0 GK hype train. Departing 6.29pm today.

2 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Brenton seems set. From his press conference today:

There's still room on the 8.0 GK hype train. Departing 6.29pm today.

Knowing their servers, I'd really get it done by 6:20pm today :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, BOF said:

I had him back in today and have him back out now. Andy from Let's Talk FPL made a good point. If you get it wrong with Perisic in week 1 then you are going into Chelsea away in week 2. Would they make Chelsea away his debut and would you even want him for it if they did?. Then West Ham week 5 is midweek. If he's struggling to play 3 times in a week he'll probably miss that one.  So now you're in a situation where if he doesn't play week 1 then he's either unavailable or not wanted (@ Chelsea) for 3 of the first 5 gameweeks. In that situation I think the risk does not outweigh the reward so I've gone with  ... Digne and we'll re-assess in week 3 or 4.

Thanks BOF, a voice of clarity in the melee

Alright lads. I changed job this year, to a place where they do FPL. Last time I did one of these was about 2006! I know what to do etc, how it works, I've just submitted one for work etc. But, am gonna create a second ID for VillaTalk FPL debut, I presume we use our VillaTalk ID as the Team Name? Cheers!

Edit - what a ____ i just found it in BOF's signature.

Edited by Midfielder

21 minutes ago, BOF said:

Knowing their servers, I'd really get it done by 6:20pm today :) 

I think I'll stick with my now £8.5 mil strategy

Ward will be in my team tonight though because I think he's more likely to get points than Sanchez this week :)

Just now, Midfielder said:

Alright lads. I changed job this year, to a place where they do FPL. Last time I did one of these was about 2006! I know what to do etc, how it works, I've just submitted one for work etc. But, am gonna create a second ID for VillaTalk FPL debut, I presume we use our VillaTalk ID as the Team Name? If so, can somebody share with me the league joining code please? Cheers!

Both codes (traditional and head to head) are in my signature.  There's no template for using VillaTalk IDs but the easier to recognise the better/more fun :) If you're doing well we'll sniff you out anyway :P

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BOF said:

Both codes (traditional and head to head) are in my signature.  There's no template for using VillaTalk IDs but the easier to recognise the better/more fun :) If you're doing well we'll sniff you out anyway :P

Just as you'd written that, I spotted it in your sig. Thanks kind sir, and good luck to you and all participants. 

• Like 1