Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2022/23

Rds1983

9 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

My current thinking. 

Screenshot_20220803_161902.thumb.jpg.3ba9bc2098030cb81ffca54e203d1d92.jpg

A few punts in there and 0.5m in the bank. Tmrpted to spend it but can't see anything I like right now. Maybe Vvd to Robbo but I'm not sure there'll be that much difference in total points and 0.5m could be useful. 

Interesting shape. 5 playing defenders and 3 playing strikers. You'll have points on your bench early on. Nowt wrong with that.

6 minutes ago, BOF said:

Interesting shape. 5 playing defenders and 3 playing strikers. You'll have points on your bench early on. Nowt wrong with that.

It'll be 4-3-3 or 5-2-3 depending on Dalot and Bailey's fixtures/form. 

Kane and Jesus are locked in due to EO (unless you get Haaland for Kane) and I think Martial will surprise people this year. When given minutes he actually does well (even when not interested) and has a solid PP90. At that price I'm very tempted. 

Ultimately with the WC wildcard I'll likely be changing it all by GW8 so feel I can take some risks from the off and potentially have a few squad/bench players rise in value to exploit later. 

Just now, bickster said:

So do I but it still affects you if you have James in your team as he’s more likely to be played in the centre, surely?

isn't cucurella more left sided? so possibly affects chilwell more

nevertheless, i was looking for an excuse to go with dias over james anyway

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, a-k said:

Man, I hate twitter. I've had Ward as my backup GK for about a week with around 3% ownership. Blown up to 14% overnight.

Only because lots are punting on the £8mil Iverson/Ward combo. Tying your team to Leicester in goal seems daft to me

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BOF said:

The cockroach definitely affects Chilwell. I'm still getting over the fact it's over 50 million. Unbef*ckinglievable.

it's why something just doesn't sit right for me and chelsea. their transfer business seems quite scatter gun. 20m for chuk, 50m for cucurella. these don't seem like well thought out decisions and i think their pre season has been poor

as it stands i've no chelsea players in my team...might come back to bite me

56 minutes ago, bickster said:

Only because lots are punting on the £8mil Iverson/Ward combo. Tying your team to Leicester in goal seems daft to me

Especially as they've been linked with Dubravka

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, bickster said:

My current thinking which is still very much in flux

67487BCC-BEDB-4753-A3BA-D43B3265C7CF.png

Good team that. Quite similar to one of my drafts just with Haaland instead of Kane.

The Ward, Williams, Andreas, Archer bench is going to be very popular :D 

1 hour ago, bickster said:

My current thinking which is still very much in flux

67487BCC-BEDB-4753-A3BA-D43B3265C7CF.png

This is very similar to mine but I've got Sanchez instead of Ederson and banked 1m. Haaland/Mount instead of Kane/Kulu. 

Looks like it's going to be a fairly template start to the season.

Just now, a-k said:

Just went and done it, dropped Perisic. Might be in and out of my team 100 times in the next day.

Yeh I am not sure on him either at the moment, Spurs do have other options plus his age. It's very easy for them to sub him off on 55-60 mins and bring on a fresh wing back. He did manage to play a fair bit in Italy but the Premier League is a different level.

I have no Kane and Son though and I'd like not to be anti sweating every goal that goes in against Southampton, there might a lot of them 😬