Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2022/23

Rds1983

On 26/05/2023 at 08:46, chappy said:

In three cash mini leagues - leading by 7, 1 and level - in the first and third its winner takes all. Got my free hit to play. What on earth could go wrong :ph34r:

Held my nerve in all, very happy!

• Like 1

i've had a few lessons learnt in my first season where i've taken things properly seriously but the main one absolutely has to be the importance of 2 FTs in the final GW. taking the -8 really hurt me yesterday.

next season i'm going to make sure i don't get so hung up on imminent price changes and save my transfers till as late as possible. made some bad errors this season making early transfers because the player i wanted was about to go up in price.

59 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i've had a few lessons learnt in my first season where i've taken things properly seriously but the main one absolutely has to be the importance of 2 FTs in the final GW. taking the -8 really hurt me yesterday.

next season i'm going to make sure i don't get so hung up on imminent price changes and save my transfers till as late as possible. made some bad errors this season making early transfers because the player i wanted was about to go up in price.

It's funny because as much as you're obviously going to be correct about why things didn't work for you we're all essentially just hoping for the best with - albeit well-informed - gut calls.

I'd been going well most of the season but ended up getting too in my head about it all and just started making full-on template moves in order to preserve what I had and as a result I spent about 6 weeks or so having small arrows in either direction and completely having the fun drained out of it. Hit a wall on Saturday and just decided to have some fun, took a -8 and as it happened I went up about 13k places overall to finish top 23kish and healthily win a mini league I was only a point ahead in before making the transfers. And that was me basically from me thinking I was throwing the towel in on the final week! Definitely a fine line to be struck between taking it seriously and also remembering that it's ultimately just a game that we shouldn't get so deep into that you lose the sense of enjoyment from it.

Edited by Indigo

Another season done. Another end of season FPL disasterclass from me. Wasn't really paying much attention to it yesterday and transferred in Silva and left Haaland as captain. Didn't even make Kane my vice which would have been nice 🤦‍♂️

A final rank of 237,600.

bZbttZl.pngg1PMXgE.png

We go again next year. Do hope there's some changes somewhere, I guess you can't do much about it but the template and captain shenanigans does bore me at times. 

Had a strong final week (captained Kane) to secure a 250k finish. 

It’s shit but considering where I was at one point it’s an ok achievement. 

Just a shame I had those couple of shocking weeks a couple of weeks back otherwise I would have been inside the top 200k comfortably

On 29/05/2023 at 09:51, rbcuk said:

With all the team leaks before hand, I had already done my free transfer as couldn’t risk another as was 8 points behind one in another league, luckily he didn’t have Kane and I did and stuck the captain on him to win by 19 as it was going to be on Salah but I knew he had him, same with this league the one who was top didn’t have Kane either 🙂

Well I think congratulations are in order. A top 10k finish as well. Well done you. A few wobbles at the end but got the good finish.

Irreverentad League champion :thumb:

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, bickster said:

I still want to hunt down Ethan Pinnock and do him massive harm

But hey ho Top 180K finish so roughly top 2.5% in the world isn't bad for my first season back since forever.

You do yourself a disservice. Top 1.57% in a game of 11,447,257 teams.

• Like 1

On 29/05/2023 at 09:51, rbcuk said:

With all the team leaks before hand, I had already done my free transfer as couldn’t risk another as was 8 points behind one in another league, luckily he didn’t have Kane and I did and stuck the captain on him to win by 19 as it was going to be on Salah but I knew he had him, same with this league the one who was top didn’t have Kane either 🙂

Congratulations, I'll pass the Irreverentad League crown over to you this year!

I had a few shocking weeks which left me at 114k overall this year; beating 8k last season was always going to be tough.

• Like 1

On 31/05/2023 at 11:05, BOF said:

Well I think congratulations are in order. A top 10k finish as well. Well done you. A few wobbles at the end but got the good finish.

Irreverentad League champion :thumb:

Cheers mate, yeah Wilson in that double gameweek hit my overall rank was inside the top 5k until that week

15 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Congratulations, I'll pass the Irreverentad League crown over to you this year!

I had a few shocking weeks which left me at 114k overall this year; beating 8k last season was always going to be tough.

Cheers mate, yeah the Wilson double gameweek hit me from inside the top 5k to ending up in 9k

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, BOF said:

saw that earlier and didn't get around to posting it...maybe a pay in league or something involving micro transactions? with the rise in its popularity you'd think they'd try and cash in somehow

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

image.thumb.png.3d701ba50b86704169b9d1c3e4e4ad5f.png

so everyone will have triple city and arsenal at the start then. yawn.

In fairness I think there was a more than fair chance of that happening anyway, given it's City and Arsenal. It boils down to how they're all priced. Hypothetically if Haaland is 15m and other premiums are priced more competitively then people will have some decisions to make (hopefully).

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

so everyone will have triple city and arsenal at the start then. yawn.

Brighton also look good for the first three weeks :D

Oh and Potch has confirmed already that Kepa will be first choice keeper for Chelsea next season, they also have a decent set of opening fixtures if the team can be sorted out

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Brighton also look good for the first three weeks :D

Oh and Potch has confirmed already that Kepa will be first choice keeper for Chelsea next season, they also have a decent set of opening fixtures if the team can be sorted out

good thing with chelsea is they have 2 tougher games first so can maybe just watch for the first two then bring one or 2 in for GW3

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...