Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2022/23

Rds1983

Just now, BOF said:

No-one's sure, but I think he starts. Given Gerrard's comments across pre-season and Bailey starting and scoring against Rennes in our final warm-up, I'd be very surprised if he didn't.

Cheers BOF maybe I’ll risk it then, a lot people people are going for him and it made me think perhaps I’d missed something and he was nailed on… but after a solid preseason I would personally start him on Saturday but we shall see I suppose 

I've just joined fantasy football for the first time....  I'll probably get bored after a few weeks, but for now my team is:

Ederson

Cancelo, Trippier, White, Cash. AAT.

Salah, Luiz Diaz, Bailey

Haaland, Jesus

Subs - Ward, Martinelli, Neto, Archer.

15 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I've just joined fantasy football for the first time....  I'll probably get bored after a few weeks, but for now my team is:

Ederson

Cancelo, Trippier, White, Cash. AAT.

Salah, Luiz Diaz, Bailey

Haaland, Jesus

Subs - Ward, Martinelli, Neto, Archer.

That’s a good team. It’s similar to mine, so good luck!

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

A LOT of people on twitter and elsewhere are putting Bailey in… do we think he’s going to start because I’m not sure at all?

whether he starts or not he definitely comes off the bench against a poor bournemouth team

1 hour ago, Peter Griffin said:

Archer as 1st sub is a bit of a risk imo. I doubt we will se him start and I think u need a guaranteed starter on the bench as 1st sub or u risk only getting 1 point if one of your 1st 11 doesn't start

unless there's an injury that we've not been told about or someone breaks down in the warm up there is zero chance of anyone in my first 11 not getting on the pitch at some point

this stage of the season you're fairly safe from rotation

Thing with Perisic, budget allowing, is he's an awkward price point. IMV you either need to go up to James and find 6.0, or it looks now like Doherty is the more likely to start and drop down. Doherty's numbers are huge if he plays, and it looks like he will. Could've done without the curveball all the same.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

Thing with Perisic, budget allowing, is he's an awkward price point. IMV you either need to go up to James and find 6.0, or it looks now like Doherty is the more likely to start and drop down. Doherty's numbers are huge if he plays, and it looks like he will. Could've done without the curveball all the same.

yeah i was quite happy with the 0.5 i had in the bank when i had him. i'm now back to james which means i've used my budget so i'll have some tinkering to do when bailey inevitably gets injured

I've gone Perisic to Doherty and the 8.0 mid slot to Kulusevski with 0.5 ITB. Quite like that going into a home tie with Southampton. Kulu will become a City mid in GW2.

BL0Bkcd.png

Have a feeling this could be my final selection. Maybe one more tinker tomorrow but as it stands I'm fairly happy with it. 

Sterling/Almiron/Bailey will probably be what I look at changing

Edited by Farlz

50 minutes ago, Farlz said:

BL0Bkcd.png

Have a feeling this could be my final selection. Maybe one more tinker tomorrow but as it stands I'm fairly happy with it. 

Sterling/Almiron/Bailey will probably be what I look at changing

Almiron is an interesting one. Absolutely bossed preseason but historically wasn't great. I'd also assume he loses his place once Newcastle finish their transfers. 

5 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

A LOT of people on twitter and elsewhere are putting Bailey in… do we think he’s going to start because I’m not sure at all?

Because he’s cheap for someone who can gets goals?

4 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Because he’s cheap for someone who can gets goals?

Oh yeah I understand the rationale, it’s the lack of minutes which worries me… if it was another club i knew less about I would probably put him in, but I’m not convinced he’ll start many games for us. As BOF said though, I think he’s done enough to at least start against Bournemouth and then we’ll see from there