Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2022/23

Rds1983

36 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Fairly happy with my first week. Mistakes look like Bailey and Rashford but a bit early to tell yet. 

I’ll be rolling the FT next week and saving it for GW3

bailey is a tough one. no obvious replacement if he doesn't work out.

7 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

KDH is the main candidate. I let my Villa tinted glasses con me into Digne over Trippier as well.

I will never learn that lesson.

lots of people transferring in martinelli. i wanted to bring him in for GW3 so hoping his price doesn't increase

8 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

KDH is the main candidate. I let my Villa tinted glasses con me into Digne over Trippier as well.

I will never learn that lesson.

I've been conned by Digne for many seasons now. Let my Villa tinted glasses con me into Emi and Digne instead of Ederson and Dier, thinking BOU would be a better clean sheet opportunity than WHU

55 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Salah is the FPL goat. Blows my mind that there are teams without him in

It was him or Son for me (if I wanted to accommodate Haaland) and the latter ended last season in much better form.

15 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

It was him or Son for me (if I wanted to accommodate Haaland) and the latter ended last season in much better form.

The answer is always Salah

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The answer is always Salah

A casual in one of my leagues picked an awful squad but included Salah (captain) and Haaland. Those 2 alone mean he's comfortably midtable.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Kane price drop already. Some crazy amounts of people dropping big players right now. 

yep and haaland up to 11.6

i made the switch before friday's game kicked off - it was always my plan to have haaland in for GW2 and i think there were a fair few that were considering the same. yesterday just confirmed their decision

14 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Fairly happy with my first week. Mistakes look like Bailey and Rashford but a bit early to tell yet. 

I’ll be rolling the FT next week and saving it for GW3

Yep definitely too early. Digne could have easily been Zinchenko for me but they're both placeholders for Perisic anyway and hindsight is 20/20. The rest I'm happy to own. Bailey probably out soon after West Ham anyway.  Da Silva rotates very nicely with Andreas if we go that way. But there are options everywhere.

As for FTs. My plan was a City mid for Kulu in GW2 but Kulu then goes into Wolves and Forest so I may even keep him considering no City mid staked a claim. I might risk Mahrez seeing as he missed out against West Ham and if he does come in you'd fancy he'll go off. Let's see what the week brings up.

39 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i made the switch before friday's game kicked off - it was always my plan to have haaland in for GW2 and i think there were a fair few that were considering the same. yesterday just confirmed their decision

If you told me in advance Spurs would score 4 and Haaland would get 11 more points than Kane, I never would have believed it...based on that I'm OK with my decision, just leaves me without a FT for GK/DEF

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

I watched my players play the Saturday games and checked there were no major injuries and swapped out Kane for Haaland straight away, it was always my plan just because of the fixtures. Still can't believe Spurs scored 4 and Kane did sod all

Considering captaining Haaland instead of Salah this week

1 hour ago, a-k said:

If you told me in advance Spurs would score 4 and Haaland would get 11 more points than Kane, I never would have believed it...based on that I'm OK with my decision, just leaves me without a FT for GK/DEF

14 minutes ago, bickster said:

I watched my players play the Saturday games and checked there were no major injuries and swapped out Kane for Haaland straight away, it was always my plan just because of the fixtures. Still can't believe Spurs scored 4 and Kane did sod all

Spider-Man Pointing at Spider-Man | Know Your Meme

• Like 1

1 hour ago, a-k said:

20 minutes ago, bickster said:

It's worth looking at the underlying numbers. Kane only amassed 0.1 xG in a game where Spurs scored 4, which is a tad concerning. Son got 0.6 for example. 

Haaland amassed 1.7. Even if you take away his penalty it's an xG of 1. 

The difference in performance, FPL wise, is vast

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

It's worth looking at the underlying numbers. Kane only amassed 0.1 xG in a game where Spurs scored 4, which is a tad concerning. Son got 0.6 for example. 

Haaland amassed 1.7. Even if you take away his penalty it's an xG of 1. 

The difference in performance, FPL wise, is vast

Absolutely agree. The swap was always my plan unless injuries prevented it

Hoping to get through next week without making any transfers to give me the option of two the following week if a rejig is required