Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2022/23

Rds1983

FPL have started dropping prices for next season. 

Appears they've considered rotation risk this year as there's some cheap looking options (especially at City). 

Haaland is only 11.5.

Cancelo is 7.0

Walker is 5.0

For those interested Grealish is 7.0

--------------

BOF EDIT:

Code to join VillaTalk FPL league : s0fjw1
Code to join VillaTalk FPL head 2 head league : 8glqvy

Will give me something to look at for a while when the game is out next week.

Hope they price some of the key midfielders a bit higher and maybe take a bit off the forwards to give them some value back as we really lacked any options up front last season.

44 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Will give me something to look at for a while when the game is out next week.

Hope they price some of the key midfielders a bit higher and maybe take a bit off the forwards to give them some value back as we really lacked any options up front last season.

From what I've seen so far I've not seen crazy high MF prices. Based off Sterling being a MF I'm assuming Salah will remain one. I reckon it'll be another season with limited choices up top. 

If Sterling does go to Chelsea he might be a steal at 10m.

Games being updated apparently so chance it launches tomorrow. 

Curious if the low prices are purely to combat everyone being template by providing options or if a rule change is coming in to combat 5 subs? Maybe teams of 17 or some subs also score points or something. 

5 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Curious if the low prices are purely to combat everyone being template by providing options or if a rule change is coming in to combat 5 subs? Maybe teams of 17 or some subs also score points or something. 

If anything the 5 subs make a bigger squad less necessary. Far more chance of your first XI getting game time with 5 subs. 

21 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Haaland will be in everyone’s team to start with at that price

I think so too. especially with city's easy start

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

If anything the 5 subs make a bigger squad less necessary. Far more chance of your first XI getting game time with 5 subs. 

Agreed, but I can see FPL trying to be creative and changing the rules or structure to accommodate it. Either make players have a bigger bench to mirror real life (realistically how often does a 3rd sub ever come on in FPL so it's just there to tie up money) or to be creative and do something stupid like your first sub scores but only gets half the points. Hopefully it's just them trying to break the template. 

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Agreed, but I can see FPL trying to be creative and changing the rules or structure to accommodate it. Either make players have a bigger bench to mirror real life (realistically how often does a 3rd sub ever come on in FPL so it's just there to tie up money) or to be creative and do something stupid like your first sub scores but only gets half the points. Hopefully it's just them trying to break the template. 

Both of those ideas are absolutely terrible so I hope they don’t do that. 

16 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Both of those ideas are absolutely terrible so I hope they don’t do that. 

Agreed. The more they add to the game the less it appeals to me. Honestly preferred it when it was just 11 players and no captain or chips. 

5 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Agreed. The more they add to the game the less it appeals to me. Honestly preferred it when it was just 11 players and no captain or chips. 

I’ve long been an advocate of no captains. My least favourite part of the game is owning a player like Salah, and the week where you don’t captain him you end up wanting him to fail. 

Not wanting a player you own to succeed seems fundamentally wrong 

1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

Saw people discussing it on twitter. 

Is it usual launched without an official announcement a week or so before?

Edited by Tomaszk

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Is it usual launched without an official announcement a week or so before?

Yep.

It's actually very late to be launched when you consider the start of the season is earlier this year.

Lots of people on Twitter getting blank squads when they look at transfers so the consensus seems to be that it's imminent

• Like 1