Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2022/23

Rds1983

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

Oh yeah I understand the rationale, it’s the lack of minutes which worries me… if it was another club i knew less about I would probably put him in, but I’m not convinced he’ll start many games for us. As BOF said though, I think he’s done enough to at least start against Bournemouth and then we’ll see from there

the good thing is that we watch enough villa games to know that once he hobbles off it usually means a lengthy absence for him so we should be able to transfer out before the rest do and thus not taking the hit on the price drop

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

the good thing is that we watch enough villa games to know that once he hobbles off it usually means a lengthy absence for him so we should be able to transfer out before the rest do and thus not taking the hit on the price drop

Yeah, I’m going to put him in for GW1 and see what happens.

19 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

We go again, the title defence begins.

Looking forward to another season of FPL; best of luck to you all!

Yeah best of luck everyone 👍👍

Changed my team about 30 times this week , gone heavy on forwards but my head keeps telling me I should go big with midfielders as they on the whole earn more points 

current team has no Salah , huge gamble 

17 minutes ago, bickster said:

Carried on tinkering… could still easily change again

23DD5779-B43D-481D-9146-C272CEB14748.png

Now that Perisič is in doubt I am tempted to go for Cash instead of Doherty as a replacement… I’ve put Doherty in for now but Cash is a good option as he gets up the pitch well and even scores the odd goal

23 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Now that Perisič is in doubt I am tempted to go for Cash instead of Doherty as a replacement… I’ve put Doherty in for now but Cash is a good option as he gets up the pitch well and even scores the odd goal

Thats what started this whole thought process off.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bickster said:

Thats what started this whole thought process off.

Hmmm… I might swap out Martinez for Mendy and get Cash in for Doherty. Whatever I do the other will have a blinder of a first GW and score a hatrick 😆 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

I've got Doherty but he is also a doubt. Conte said both he and Perisic need to be assessed. I might swap him out. I'm tempted by DIgne to be honest instead of Cash.

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I mean in theory I should just take the prize now , but I bet my team  tanks 

1B4A793C-FCA8-4E6F-AD46-BB59074CFCB3.jpeg

£9mil in Keepers is somewhat extravagant. WIth Ederson as first choice why waste £0.5mil having Sanchez on the bench when you can have Ward for £4.0 mil ? Even that get's you £0.5mil in the bank for any transfer you might want to do going into Wk2. Paying over minimum for a bench keeper seems like a waste

With so much invested upfront you are also somewhat limited in the formations you can pick as the talent is all stacked in the one department

4/10 WNB :D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, a-k said:

Just need to confirm my GK, my 5.0 DEF, and my 8.0 MF and I'm ready. Also trying to factor in my ideal GW2 transfer as well, but might just bank that one for now.

I've just had another tinker and I think my only decision now is Kane or Haaland. I'm still thinking Haaland as I prefer the look of WHU / BOU / NEW to SOU / CHE / WOL in the first three fixtures

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

I've just had another tinker and I think my only decision now is Kane or Haaland. I'm still thinking Haaland as I prefer the look of WHU / BOU / NEW to SOU / CHE / WOL in the first three fixtures

i'm kane this week, and at 6.31 tonight i'm making the change

risky, but i think there's going to be a few planning the same and want to avoid any price movements especially if kane draws a blank and haaland scores 2/3

Just now, tomav84 said:

risky, but i think there's going to be a few planning the same and want to avoid any price movements especially if kane draws a blank and haaland scores 2/3

Yeah, I'm toying with that tactic myself, it's the only way to beat the potential of losing money on the transfer and gets you both strikers top fixtures in the first two weeks. You just have to pray you get no injuries in the first week :D

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

It's good to get your mistakes in early :P;)

• Haha 3