Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2022/23

Rds1983

A lot of the above could be achieved by overhauling the bonus points system. A combination of factors including expanding how many you get, how many players get them and how the BPS number itself is calculated. The thing is this might be something they have done and we wouldn't know. The calculations are kept secret even though the FPL community have worked out largely how it happens. But it could change and we wouldn't know until someone crunched the new numbers and figured it out all over again.

• Like 1

Current dilemma is James or Perisic. I prefer Perisic's first 6 fixtures and prefer Spurs in general. Also do I want Ramsdale blocking me from a 3rd Arsenal outfielder (if Saka goes off on one), and finally my mid-price midfield punt. Currently Grealish, but could be anyone from Neto to Sancho - and could be 8.0 if I go down to Raya.

I feel like Steve Bruce. I've 3 leftbacks in my starting 11 :D 

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

Current dilemma is James or Perisic. I prefer Perisic's first 6 fixtures and prefer Spurs in general. Also do I want Ramsdale blocking me from a 3rd Arsenal outfielder (if Saka goes off on one), and finally my mid-price midfield punt. Currently Grealish, but could be anyone from Neto to Sancho - and could be 8.0 if I go down to Raya.

I feel like Steve Bruce. I've 3 leftbacks in my starting 11 :D 

james is in my team currently, but something is niggling at me telling me not to play him and pick dias instead. i think it's safer. perisic is in my team. sounds like he was basically a winger in that last pre season game

i also have the mid priced midfielder dilemma. currently luis diaz but the high ownership % is putting me off and want a differential...i think i might have a punt at mahrez you know.

On 01/08/2022 at 18:34, BOF said:

Haaland has dropped 10% since the Community Shield despite getting over 1.5xG against that Liverpool defence in a debut. Imagine him against normal teams.

I knew this would happen. I said to my mate after that game that it made me want him more

9 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

james is in my team currently, but something is niggling at me telling me not to play him and pick dias instead. i think it's safer. perisic is in my team. sounds like he was basically a winger in that last pre season game

i also have the mid priced midfielder dilemma. currently luis diaz but the high ownership % is putting me off and want a differential...i think i might have a punt at mahrez you know.

I'm on Salah, Trent and Robertson, so Diaz is no go for me.

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

the lowest % owned player in my starting 11 is bailey at 11.7%, so my team is about as template as it gets. all the usual suspects are in it (though i'm now contemplating a couple of differentials). i do have a thought on what would make the game super interesting: award bonus points for players with low % ownership...so for example a goal for a striker owned by less than 5% scores 6, between 5 and 20 scores 5, over 20 scores 4

thoughts?

The bonus for low ownership players is already there. They're low owned so you gain more from it than going with a template option

27 minutes ago, BOF said:

Current dilemma is James or Perisic. I prefer Perisic's first 6 fixtures and prefer Spurs in general.

18 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

After the Roma friendly, Conte said that Perisic is still recovering and is not the Perisic of old at the moment. Have to wonder if he even starts against Saints and then is away at Chelsea after that. I might take a wait and see with him for the first two GWs, which of course means he'll score 40 points over that time.

18 minutes ago, a-k said:

After the Roma friendly, Conte said that Perisic is still recovering and is not the Perisic of old at the moment. Have to wonder if he even starts against Saints and then is away at Chelsea after that. I might take a wait and see with him for the first two GWs, which of course means he'll score 40 points over that time.

He played 70 minutes in Spurs' final friendly. That tells me he starts against Saints. I don't expect him to get 90 minutes. Conte fullbacks rarely do. I agree with some of the analyses on twitter that Conte is just lowering the expectations on his player rather than suggesting he won't play.

17 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Just made a first draft and it's very defence heavy. Can't seem to fit Kane or Son in.

Most FPL players have gone that way because of pricing this season. It's just a matter of how big to go.

24 minutes ago, BOF said:

Most FPL players have gone that way because of pricing this season. It's just a matter of how big to go.

I'm currently 5 atb with Perisic the cheapest. They're basically 5 wingers who get goal involvements though. Can't really justify putting similar funds into what would be other wingers who score less for a goal and way less for a clean sheet 

1 hour ago, YouUnastanFren said:

I'm currently 5 atb with Perisic the cheapest. They're basically 5 wingers who get goal involvements though. Can't really justify putting similar funds into what would be other wingers who score less for a goal and way less for a clean sheet 

My original draft was this. TAA, Robbo, Cancelo, James and Perisic

I might still go back but I think 5 is maybe overkill. 

• Like 1

And remember, a defender needs a 4.5 mid where a mid can have a 4.0 defender, so the money goes slightly further in midfield, although it does need to because there's good value at 4.5 in defence.  It's just that you're not comparing a 5.5 defender with a 5.5 mid. You're actually comparing him with a 6.0 mid.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

I've just seen that Leicester have both of their potential keepers at 4.0 so I'm ditching Ederson and downgrading defence a bit and squeezing in Son or Kane.

3 premiums might be overkill but I can really see Spurs having a good start.

Yeah if you're 0.5 off a premium it's probably worth the risk. I won't be doing it because I get slightly claustrophobic knowing I'm completely locked into Leicester and only Leicester goalkeepers until my first wildcard or without an overhaul, and I don't trust them at the back*.

EDIT : Saying that, I do have Ward in for week 1 because he plays against my other goalkeeper and I have more faith in Vardy than Toney.

• Like 1

My current thinking. 

Screenshot_20220803_161902.thumb.jpg.3ba9bc2098030cb81ffca54e203d1d92.jpg

A few punts in there and 0.5m in the bank. Tmrpted to spend it but can't see anything I like right now. Maybe Vvd to Robbo but I'm not sure there'll be that much difference in total points and 0.5m could be useful. 

Edited by Rds1983