Villa TV 2022/3

Kingman

Anything been announced with regards to the Pre-Season Friendly package? 

Think you paid around £30 last year for the 4 or 5 friendlies + Access to the U23's and Academy games throughout the season. 

Completely agree about it being another cash grab from the club.

Cost of living is rising through the roof, and the club have felt the need to push prices up for their fanbase.

Three games in Australia, with limited access for the majority of fans and they charge £10 per game to watch them. 

It’s not extortionate amounts of money, but in context it’s a pre season friendly.

The club have to be really careful with these price rises, as their current push for hospitality and a richer fanbase has the potential to backfire amongst the loyal fanbase at the club:

2 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Completely agree about it being another cash grab from the club.

Cost of living is rising through the roof, and the club have felt the need to push prices up for their fanbase.

Three games in Australia, with limited access for the majority of fans and they charge £10 per game to watch them. 

It’s not extortionate amounts of money, but in context it’s a pre season friendly.

The club have to be really careful with these price rises, as their current push for hospitality and a richer fanbase has the potential to backfire amongst the loyal fanbase at the club:

also the time difference of the Leeds game is a 4.30 am kick off on a Sunday morning and Brisbane a 9.30am kick off on a Wednesday

Wasnt so long ago they showed the pre season games live on Youtube for free

After paying to watch the pre-season games last season and then the stream not even working for a game or two i'm not paying again. I get what they are doing but other clubs show pre-season games for free on YouTube. Will give this a miss this year. 

• Like 4

Have they done anything different from what sky does every year for you to watch villas PL games? 

Will I do anything different from how I watch villas PL games? 

The answer is no to both questions

It is a worry that in the future when the inevitable happens and clubs can sell streaming packages the cost of said package will be what most of us consider to be a cheap ST - if villa were able to sell all 38 PL games as a streaming service what do you think that would be? £200-300 for the season? More? 

The club should have a better YouTube channel and put the majority of content on there but that is what it is 

I can handle my ST going up by over 40% but this is taking the piss imo. The coverage is poor, if they are giving me Sky coverage with Tyler and Gray commentating I would probably pay it but they’re not. I’m not going to moan though as it’s my choice to pay it or not. I won’t pay just because I don’t actually think it’s value for money. 

Edited by WHY

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Have they done anything different from what sky does every year for you to watch villas PL games? 

Will I do anything different from how I watch villas PL games? 

The answer is no to both questions

It is a worry that in the future when the inevitable happens and clubs can sell streaming packages the cost of said package will be what most of us consider to be a cheap ST - if villa were able to sell all 38 PL games as a streaming service what do you think that would be? £200-300 for the season? More? 

The club should have a better YouTube channel and put the majority of content on there but that is what it is 

That time will eventually come, the likes of Newton Heath, Liverpool and Manchester City will demand that it does and will in time get what they want. I could see away games being sold as a package and home games for fans outside of say a 40 mile radius of Villa Park. Currently at about £15 a game for away games and £20 for home matches, perhaps? Although those figures will be higher by the time this actually does happen. That's progress, I guess. :(

Â