Villa TV 2022/3

Kingman

4 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Just saying that may not be a ‘club issue’ per se, perhaps you emailed the wrong people or just got stuck with dealing with a particularly incompetent person.

The main problem is I didn't get stuck dealing with anyone even after several emails. I got no response, no 'please use this email' and no refund. I'm hardly internet illiterate either, so if I did use the wrong email by virtue of it being difficult to find a VillaTV support email this is an issue in itself.

10 hours ago, Wezbid said:

I used to pay £1.99 a month last season. Does that automatically end now and I would have to re-sign up or can they just start charging a new monthly amount? 

I think you just paying for Villa Tv. No preseason games are included in that

Does anyone know if the friendlies can be watched back at any time? I’m really keen to watch them all, but the Leeds and Rennes games aren’t at a good time for me, so being able to watch them the next day is a deal breaker for me. 

3 hours ago, lexicon said:

OK, so my subscription to Villa TV is up on July 21st - so at the moment I can log in as normal to Villa TV. Does this mean I can watch the Walsall game today or do I need to renew now?

No such luck - had to get the new package 
😒

• Sad 1

I succumbed.  Need some footy. 

Tip: Get the walsall match pass and the Australia match pack.  ends up slightly cheaper than the 4 match pack and gives you access to same games - unless I'm missing something. 4.99 + 27.99 < 36.99

Its like trying to figure out whether that multipack is cheaper than single items in your supermarket shop

Have to say this has annoyed me a bit, pre season friendly games which bring in so little revenue they were available free you now need a subscription for. OK, fine. But now, I have the subscription and I need to pay again just to watch the game AND the link doesn't even take me anywhere that I can even buy a pass to watch the game, just kicks out an error at me every time.

Its bullshit and honestly for all the investment we're putting into the club our media offering is embarrassingly poor 

They'd probably make just as much money by streaming it free on YouTube again with a few ads thrown in and they'd reach a lot more people with a far more accessible service

11 hours ago, weedman said:

Have to say this has annoyed me a bit, pre season friendly games which bring in so little revenue they were available free you now need a subscription for. OK, fine. But now, I have the subscription and I need to pay again just to watch the game AND the link doesn't even take me anywhere that I can even buy a pass to watch the game, just kicks out an error at me every time.

Its bullshit and honestly for all the investment we're putting into the club our media offering is embarrassingly poor 

They'd probably make just as much money by streaming it free on YouTube again with a few ads thrown in and they'd reach a lot more people with a far more accessible service

The days of youtube airing free friendlies are pretty much thing of the past for most clubs. Look at other fan bases and you see the same happening. Remember games used not be shown at all. So it’s not a given we should have for free. It’s up to the club. You have to take approach as fan do you want the club to have other revenue streams going forward or do you want to be the only club that offers everything cheap or free. Either way is fine, button be competitive you need all these little things to add up. Then when you grow it adds up even more. 

This isn’t about the now. It’s about the future revenue streams of our club. 

The club is losing money. We could run the club like doug ellis again if you want?

or we could join with other fan groups in premier league and demand change for more cost measures for fans for all clubs. That would take some effort though.

personally the price for friendlys and the youth games are fine at the moment.

Edited by Villa_Stateside

8 hours ago, Villa_Stateside said:

The days of youtube airing free friendlies are pretty much thing of the past for most clubs. Look at other fan bases and you see the same happening. Remember games used not be shown at all. So it’s not a given we should have for free. It’s up to the club. You have to take approach as fan do you want the club to have other revenue streams going forward or do you want to be the only club that offers everything cheap or free. Either way is fine, button be competitive you need all these little things to add up. Then when you grow it adds up even more. 

This isn’t about the now. It’s about the future revenue streams of our club. 

The club is losing money. We could run the club like doug ellis again if you want?

or we could join with other fan groups in premier league and demand change for more cost measures for fans for all clubs. That would take some effort though.

personally the price for friendlys and the youth games are fine at the moment.

I get it, really, my gripe is with the fact I pay money for VillaTV+. Which is the only available streaming package. I understand that they can't put live competitive games on there for licensing reasons and if they could it would be much more expensive, but they put highlights on and I'm happy to pay.

But now we have genuine games, games that the club are easily able to broadcast to fans, and - despite already paying for the subscription - I need to pay again for this privelidge. It's the equivalent of paying x amount to sky or BT for the sport package but then being told you need to pay another fee to watch certain games. Not only that but this wasn't really advertised in advance, there was no warning that even if you were a subscriber you would still need to pay again, so rather than prepare in advance I had to wait and see at the time 

And despite that, I was going to pay for it, I don't really even get the chance to watch most pre season games due to work and timings but I'd like the opportunity to watch what I can just to get my Villa fix, and after trying every package on 3 different devices I only got an error message each time meaning I couldn't even do that. 

I understand the club needs as many revenue streams as possible and the easiest way is to squeeze fans, but at least do it in a competent way

13 hours ago, weedman said:

I get it, really, my gripe is with the fact I pay money for VillaTV+. Which is the only available streaming package. I understand that they can't put live competitive games on there for licensing reasons and if they could it would be much more expensive, but they put highlights on and I'm happy to pay.

But now we have genuine games, games that the club are easily able to broadcast to fans, and - despite already paying for the subscription - I need to pay again for this privelidge. It's the equivalent of paying x amount to sky or BT for the sport package but then being told you need to pay another fee to watch certain games. Not only that but this wasn't really advertised in advance, there was no warning that even if you were a subscriber you would still need to pay again, so rather than prepare in advance I had to wait and see at the time 

And despite that, I was going to pay for it, I don't really even get the chance to watch most pre season games due to work and timings but I'd like the opportunity to watch what I can just to get my Villa fix, and after trying every package on 3 different devices I only got an error message each time meaning I couldn't even do that. 

I understand the club needs as many revenue streams as possible and the easiest way is to squeeze fans, but at least do it in a competent way

The friendlies have always been a product with ticket sales and I don’t think broadcasters are interested in warm up games. I just think we got brief time when it was free on the internet as they figured out to make cash off it. I not had any tech errors this year but i have in the past. At this point i willing to take the risk of errors, but if it’s big enough issue then the should offer refunds imo, But with tech it’s hard to know what going your end. My was ok on a apple devices. 

This is the normal now as said with nearly all clubs are doing it. So we grin and bear it or tell our club to not do it and suffer revenue drop that might be small now, but as it’s not a now thing imo. It could cost us more down the road 

hopefully the service  does improve for you as it has for me. You can watch it back if the hours of game don’t suit as well, that’s how i do it

Edited by Villa_Stateside

For me as someone who cannot get to Villa park. Having all the premier league games for the season plus the friendlies , women's & youth and most important the full match replays  the price is an absolute steal. The club needed to bring up their streaming service up to premier league level and they have. Good job. 

As an overseas fan its a lifesaver.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 2

Â