Rubbish claims to fame

GarethRDR

I was once in the School crowd scene on 'Heart of the Country'... a Fay Wheldon drama on BBC2...

I once made the news (or my actions did)... when there was a fire at Lickey Hills about 20 years ago...

I once made the news (or my actions did)... when there was a fire at Lickey Hills about 20 years ago...
I know who started the fire at the school end of term assembly in 1970 (it wasn't me by the way).

A couple of rubbish claims to fame:

My friend is second cousin to Michael Barrymore (his father's cousin)- this same friend also knows KT Tunstall well and gets backstage to a lot of her gigs.

My friends at school played with Stefan Moore in the Sutton Coldfield district team.

A mate from work's cousin is married to GazBaz's cousin or something like that. I was a bit pissed when he told me so it could well be a lie! :lol:

I met Prince Charles at RAF Cosford once. He said he liked my flashing shoes :D

you can clearly see me in the crowd on the villas top 100 premiership goals

number 42 when vasssel scores against west ham

i used 2 drink with steve cradock out of ocean colour scene

i saw hassan kachloul in primitivo;s in town at about 12o clock in the afternoon drinking a huuuugggee glass of red wine whilst reading the paper

I scored past Gordon Banks on a holiday [lets forget hes well old now, and only has one good eye] - have that Pele, you talentless bastard!

I have 3 youth international level caps - all in different sports - Athletics, Football and Rugby. I now suck terribly at them all, mainly due to a lack of speed (in fact, that is a certain reason why I now suck at athletics!)

My nan was Mark Delaneys neighbour when he played for Cardiff - Peter Whittingham was interested in her house when she sold it, but he said it was out of his price range at £920,000. Someone hopes too much on the turn of a card, me thinks??

i saw hassan kachloul in primitivo;s in town at about 12o clock in the afternoon drinking a huuuugggee glass of red wine whilst reading the paper

Muslim drinking alcohol alert! Fatwah! Fatwah! Paging mister Hamza....

In 1995 at Forest, Dwight Yorke was signing a photo for me when the sky camera was right in both of our faces, I was apparently on the pre game bit they do.

Again at Forest, I took the piss out of Tim Flowers about that goal he conceeded against Collymore (the one that bobbled over his shoulder) I said "Tim, I hope for your sake, there are no divots on the pitch today!" he replied "I hope we don't score 7" (they'd beaten Forest 7-0 or something earlier in the season) I said "Couldn't give a damn mate". He was a good fella actually, spent a while chatting with him about Lars Bohinen.

A lad I was good friends with at school was fanzone commentator for Leicester City, he was also on Soccer AM when he was younger.

My mate used to play in the Sheffield Wednesday band, The Sun used to pay all their travel expenses and hotels to go away with England!

I've lasted 5 balls against one of Leicestershire CCC young quick bowlers. Battered another young LCCC player who bowls spin around the park and through a conservatory roof, racking up £275 of damage!

Local paper printed a story (which mainly consisted of my quotes) on the Kevin Pieterson switch hitting

at the european cup night they had at villa last year i went to the disabled toilet and sat outside waiting as someone was in there, i was annoyed because the 'able-bodied' toilet was full and it wouldnt have been too easy to get in with the wheelchair. Anyway turned out to be sid cowans he apologised and i got him to sign my shirt in the toilet lol!

Muslim drinking alcohol alert! Fatwah! Fatwah! Paging mister Hamza....

:D I met a bar owner in Tangier who thought that Hassan Kachloul was the best person ever, was telling me how he used to drink there with the other Moroccan players. When I asked him about Moustafa Hadji, I'm afraid the allegations in his reply cannot be put on here for legal reasons. Let's just say he had a very low opinion of him.

I was on tv at the Headingley one day game against India last year dressed as an umpire doing the signal for four runs.

Just remebered another one. My Mum went to school with Trudy Styler (or however you spell it, Sting's wife anyway). Apparently she was an absolute bitch who was totally full of herself then and a dirty little slag. Also as she went to school with my Mum she's about 2 years older than she claims.

Kevin Poole also went to school with them (a few years below) but my Mum doesn't remember him.

• 2 weeks later...
Â