Rubbish claims to fame

GarethRDR

I share my surname with a BBC News presenter, an Australian comedian and muscian (and a shitload of other Australians apparently, which is funny because I used to think it was a weird name...) and a town in Oz also has the name, with the suffix 'bury'.

Martin Shaw attended my school, along with a Steve Winwood, who I'm lead to believe is famous ;).

I met William Hague, briefly, whilst in secondary school, after having been picked out as bright enough to ask him a question and reflect well on the school. I asked him about encouraging childrens sports, and the Olympics.

I've also run into Jlloyd Samuel in Minworth Asda, still wearing training gear and looking thoroughly pissed off.

I tried to buy Gary Cahill a pint in the Bottle of Sack in Sutton, after seeing a tall bloke who I thought I recognised walk in. I was quickly told it was him and ran off to buy ask him 'if I could buy [him] a pint, cos [he's] a legend!'. He just said no.

I met Curtis Davies (with Darren Carter) in WS1 in Walsall before he joined Villa. Me and a mate asked him if he was gonna join us , he smiled and said '...You never know'.

And finally as kid I've appeared in the Evening Mail listening to a coconut (the photographer made me do it...), and also in mid 90's TV series confessions, as one of the kids they used to have on.

That's about it... pretty crap I reckon!

Me and a mate asked him if he was gonna join us , he smiled and said '...You never know'.

didn't Bentley say that to someone on VT who met him in a pub and asked him the same question

that's it, concrete proof that Bentley is joining us ..quick mods put me in the In The Know thread

My uncle was a guitarist with the Moody Blues, but left them to get married, before they made it big.

My mothers maiden name is ' Shakespeare' she's managed to trace our ancestry back to the Bard's family.

My wifes mother was a childhood friend of Joan & Jackie Collins. ( I have the photo's to prove it)

My cousin played briefly for West Brom (I know,I know)

I worked with Tom Ross's son.It was interesting....

Me and Limpid were on the opening credits of MoTD.

Gillian Anderson threw my 'phone acorss a bar.

(There is another one,not so dull,involving said lady.I will let Limpid explain,if he reads this)

I used to serve Roger Cook and a guest a pint and a sandwich once a month.Thursday usually.

I had my arse felt up by Sue Pollard (of Hi-Di-Hi! 'fame')

You know Mick Price? Probably not, but he is the snooker player that Ronnie O'Sullivan scored his worlds fastest 147 against.

I know someone who has seen his cock.

My brother won some competition on Newsround that meant he interviewed the 2 main candidates (Major and Blair). Randomly he also got to meet Betty Boothroyd.

Martin Shaw attended my school, along with a Steve Winwood, who I'm lead to believe is famous ;)
Reminds me of another one. I used to work with a woman whose brother was Steve "famous" Winwood's best mate. The brother (Bill Hunt) went on to play in Roy Wood's Wizzard. And I was in the same year at school as Wizzard's sax player's brother (Nick Pentelow/Simon Pentelow). Anybody want my autograph?

i've got quite a few rubbish claims to fame.

My uncle is Ian Taylor. Not the actual living legend i'm afraid. he's just called Ian. but so is his son.

I was present whilst the man they call Martin O'Neill was unveiled at Villa Park (though, i imagine that quite a few people here were)(but this isn't a rubbish one i don't think)

My mates mom used to date Jim Davidson

My friends grandad invented offside rule (or changed it to what we used to know)

My friends dad was once a radio dj. and got offered a job, turned it down, and then changed his mind, to find that the job had been given to a man called John Peel.

My dad saw the england cricket team in birmingham city centre.

A friend works in a shop in covent garden and has served Ian Wright, Kate Moss, and Keeley.

My mates dad was in the same class as Ozzy Osbourne.

I once served Alison from Big Brother whilst working in TK Maxx.

Tony Blair came to my school when he was still on top. didnt see him though.

and. as it says in my sig, future Villa Legend, Nathan Delfouneso went to my school.

Â