Rubbish claims to fame

GarethRDR

I just remembered a corker.

A distant relative of mine was madonnas regular shag for a while. I think he is my mothers aunts sister in laws son.

His name is Andrew Bird and he gets a name check in the credits of Madonnas Ray Of Light album.

When my great aunt first told me I thought she was having an alzheimers attack, but it was true!

Great story Rob.

Mine is far more rubbish. I made the Good Doctor (Kenny Deuchar) laugh on the World Football Phone in the other night on 5live.

I had a letter about dice published in the fiver the other day. I think 'letter' and 'published' would perhaps be more appropriate.

When Platt was getting interviewed about his nearing move to Bari at BH, I was on telly in the background having a kick about aged 10 :),

Earlier I had spoken to an Italian bloke who was watching the training, so I asked him where he was from ? He said Bari I said where's that ? he said Italy. To which my not very clever friend said that is in Spain isn't it, He looked confused and I put my mate straight and then made the guy show me on his leg where Bari was in Italy.

A really tenous one here...

My dad's aunt knew a lesbian couple years back, really well to do pair, lot of money, straight laced, threw dinner parties and said the word 'I' as the letter 'A', properly posh. They always thought that they were a little too perfect. Turns out they were a couple... but at least one of them was working for MI6.

Oh and my grandad met Tommy Cooper in the war.

I had a letter about dice published in the fiver the other day. I think 'letter' and 'published' would perhaps be more appropriate.

Good stuff - I'm a big fan of the Fiver. Was it one of the in-depth maths answers, or the piss-taking 'I can't beleive how geeky some of these reponses are" ones?

Just remembered I had a letter published in the Guardian Weekend magazine - a response to some Alexander Chancellor pomposity.

I was once introduced to some woman and told, "shake hands with the lady in charge of the operation to raise the Mary Rose." Unfortunately I'd been out of the UK for a while and had never heard of her. Nor the Mary Rose. And told her so. She looked bemused.

During Euro2008:

I was talked about on the Guardian Football Podcast, after meeting Kevin McCarra.

I appeared in the local Zurich newspaper 3 editions running, ghost-writing my own column.

Good stuff - I'm a big fan of the Fiver. Was it one of the in-depth maths answers, or the piss-taking 'I can't beleive how geeky some of these reponses are" ones?

Just remembered I had a letter published in the Guardian Weekend magazine - a response to some Alexander Chancellor pomposity.

You know the discussion about 18 (I think) sided dice the other week? I was the pedant who pointed out the picture wasn't a dice, as it didn't have any numbers on it. I had another one last week too but I can't remember what that one was.

You know the discussion about 18 (I think) sided dice the other week? I was the pedant who pointed out the picture wasn't a dice, as it didn't have any numbers on it.

I remember it well. You were lucky to be chosen from the 1,056 other pedants ;)

You know the discussion about 18 (I think) sided dice the other week? I was the pedant who pointed out the picture wasn't a dice, as it didn't have any numbers on it. I had another one last week too but I can't remember what that one was.

It wouldnt be a dice either - because 'dice' is plural.

It wouldnt be a dice either - because 'dice' is plural.

1,057 others also pointed this out.

i once sat on noddy holder's knee when i was about 3....so i'm told

i played cricket at school against the keyboard player in musical youth

my uncle was interviewed about fruit by Ann Diamond on central news...or ATV today i think it was back then

• 5 weeks later...
i used to have liam ridgewells phone number on my phone

I have General Krulak's!

I thought of another one for me. I once dined in the same restaurant as ex convict Jeffrey Archer.

Â