Rubbish claims to fame

GarethRDR

If you've got a good claim to fame then this thread is not for you. I want really rubbish ones. I was going to call this tedious claims to fame, but I think most claims to fame are tedious anyway, so I want really rubbish ones. Like you once bought a dog off Victor Ubogu's postman, something like that.

I'll start you off with 2 of mine:

My Dad's cousin once made national news because she conceived her son on the Cerne Abbas Giant with the help of a druid (not sure exactly what he did other than just sat and watched...), because she was struggling to get pregnant.

I live just around the corner from where JRR Tolkien's mother is buried.

So come on, lets have some of your rubbish claims to fame. Did anyone date someone who made a 3 second appearance as an extra on Emmerdale?

• Like 1

I'm related to george Stephenson, the inventor of the steam engine.

Also, my cousin is fairly well known, by women anyway, in Ireland as one of these beauty columnist tv type people.

My 2nd cousin played (possibly stilll does) for Cork City FC, he's on Champ Man.

Those are mine!

I appeared on Central News (back in the 1980's) as Les Cusworth (Former Leicester Tigers player) was a teacher at our school.

A group of us were in the background throwing a rugby ball to each other, as he was getting interviewed.

I was only on the screen for about 3 seconds, but recorded it anyway.

I can clearly be seen celebrating gabbys goal against derby at the front on my own.

I was zoomed in on at sheffield UTD away a couple of seasons ago, laughing at the ball boy who fell over.

I had a big photo of myself in the kiddy cronicle pretending to watch the wolves kiddy game at half time with the caption "Kidderminster Harriers fan tim lucas watching the match; a hair raising experience". Of course i had spikey hair at the time.

My head teacher told Gary Lineker he'd never play for England

My Chemistry teacher taught the Moore twins.

Back in the days of doing a paper round, I delivered the Bromsgrove Advertiser to Crystal Palace and England's Geoff Thomas.

I've played cricket against both of Gladstone Small's kids

All mystically sport related...

I once nearly punched Carol Dekker of T'Pau fame clean in the face on TV, only because I realised she wasn't who I thought was behind me did I pull the punch. The pulled punch was however shown all over the midlands (she wasn't even remotely famous at the time I might add, she was fronting a band called the Lazers at the time)

my second cousin is boy george (hangs head in shame)

:notworthy:

My Dad's band supported The Who, The Kinks, The Hollies, The Searchers etc back in the Sixties. They were called The Jones's, and were pencilled in to tour Germany with The Beatles... that is until my Dad met my Mum and quit the band to become an electrician.

My great aunt (sadly deceased) used to live next door to Gary Shaws grandparents.

My family used to live on the same street in Aston as Albert Vinall (thats a name for Old Fart)

I'm guessing there are going to be lots of UB40 claims to fame :D

I used to work with one of UB40's daughters. In the year or so that she worked there I don't think she ever spoke to anyone.

I used to work with someone who did Ali Campbell's gardening for three years. He never once paid her for it.

My mate's wife's dad supplied and fitted carpets in Phil Collins' house. He refused to pay on the basis that he was Phil Collins (and he's a word removed).

My cousin was on Pop Idol. Simon Cowell called him "the campest man in the world". Which is a bit rich coming from him.

My sister lived next door to Luke Moore's Nan in Shard End (until my sister moved a year or so back).

Apparently he used to turn up quite regularly in his flash car and have a bit of a big time attitude.

Other than that I met Ricky Hatton in a strip club/bar/whorehouse in Bangkok back in 2005 - a very nice guy and sat and chatted for ages.

Â