Rubbish claims to fame

GarethRDR

My older brother was regarded as one of swedens best junior tennis player and went over to USA at a very young age with some of germanys best young ones..over there he met Michael Chang (The youngest ever winner of a grand slam the french open) in a final and won a set against him..according to himself he didnt make it to the top cause he was to short and couldnt get the power in his serve to play at the very top..

He then went on to play football for many years in the second highest division in sweden and was yellow carded once for kicking the shit out of former villa player Marcus Allbäck.

Edited by Ikantcpell

My dad sold a dog to Simon Lebon's sister in the 70s

beat that.

My best mate when growing up sold a dog to Zlatan Ibrahimovic and his wife Helena Seger a few years ago( a French Bulldog)

He said he was very friendly and very tall..he didnt speak much, he just stood beside his wife with a smile on his face all the time and after a while he asked if he could borrow the toilet

If you use an insurance aggregator (confused.com, msm.com, gocompare etc), your quotes are generated through systems I put together.

All of them go through a central point to get quotes from a lot of the brokers. The central point stores all of your details in a *huge* MySQL database.

I don't work there any more so I can't stalk any of you.

If you use an insurance aggregator (confused.com, msm.com, gocompare etc), your quotes are generated through systems I put together.

All of them go through a central point to get quotes from a lot of the brokers. The central point stores all of your details in a *huge* MySQL database.

I found it quite interesting. Whats an MySQL?

I found it quite interesting. Whats an MySQL?

Female, and interested in something IT related I'm talking about???

You're in for it now.

SQL stands for structured query language and is a method for getting data out of a database. In the standard way of "SELECT something FROM a_table WHERE something"

Some bloke called Monty had a daughter called My and made a database so called it MySQL.

Hello?

Hello?

I thought the now banned Tim the Villan ran the company that started all that off?

:huh:  ok that was just...yeah i dunno, It made no sense.

Like snowboarding commentary, to the whole of the UK :D

That's where I normally come unstuck.

The commentary Sunday morning was *fantastic*. I really enjoyed it and chuckled at quite a few points.

Obviously you can't say much :)

I thought the now banned Tim the Villan ran the company that started all that off?

Maybe. I know that confused.com got £50 for every conversion (successful policy) bought through them. They were running about 1-2% conversion rate, and at one point were doing about 10 million quotes a day.

There's another poster on here who was part of the dev team who wrote the software for these systems. I won't call him out in case he wants to remain anon.

Edited by darrenm

:huh:  ok that was just...yeah i dunno, It made no sense.

Like snowboarding commentary, to the whole of the UK :D

Made sense to me, I grew up watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

I also know snowboard talk, I grew up playing cool borders & cool borders 2.

YAGGGGGIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Â