Rubbish claims to fame

GarethRDR

9 hours ago, Chindie said:

I was recently stood behind Malala Yousafzai in a cinema.

Did you ask her if she enjoyed winning Bakeoff? 

• Like 3

Me as a young ten year old match day mascot (with stupid hair thanks Mum and Dad), back in 1986. We won 3-1 to secure survival for that season.

Without looking it up, can anyone name the no-mark team that we played that day?

Mascot Photo.gif

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, hogso said:

Chelsea. 

Mascot Program.gif

Correct. The player I am shaking hands with was Colin Pates.

I have another picture, which I was tempted to post but it is a bit controversial, so thought better of it. It is with Steve Hodge!!!!

Edited by NeilS

i once stood at the bar at pebble mill next to the bloke who voiced basil brush.knew it was him when he laughed.he laughed like that in real life,even the bum bum at the end.

2 hours ago, NeilS said:

Mascot Program.gif

I have another picture, which I was tempted to post but it is a bit controversial, so thought better of it. It is with Steve Hodge!!!!

Annotated programmes! Miss those. 

2 hours ago, NeilS said:

Mascot Program.gif

From Mick to Eden, what a journey. 

• Like 2

My Mum was on Sky one gameshow Spellbound sometime between 1994-96. I of course went along as an excited 6 year old.

The host who was Paul Coia according to wiki asked me if there was anyone I wanted to say hello too expecting me to say my Dad or Grandparents.

I replied "No."

17 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I helped Alice from Vicar of Dibley carry her suitcase up the stairs at Euston Station.

Did you .....you know ..............................................DHUTWU?

I once saw Marti Caine going up those horrible dodgy stairs that used to go from station street by the electric cinema up to the back of the palisades. Such glamour in such a grimy location. 

I shook hands with Michael elphick and told him I though he was a top bloke (probably thinking he actually was boon) when I was extremely drunk and he was dancing with a couple of twenty something blondes in town. 

I have sent Tom Ross so many times I have felt like telling him to stop stalking me though I appreciate that is pushing "fame" 

Joan Collins on once asked me to excuse her so she could get to the bar

Had a beer with Paul Merson and Ian Olney who I have to say was a thoroughly decent bloke along with quite a few other Villa Legends with The Old Stars. Scored a penalty against Spink whilst wearing a dress (me that is) 

Seen Roman abramovich at hotel du Vin. 

My favorite was walking out of a sandwich shop and straight into Robert Vaughan. I mean Jesus not only a man from UNCLE but was actually a star in The Magnificent 7 proper old skool Hollywood in fr1ggin church street B3. 

Met Craig Gardner but less said the better. Dion Dublin when he had his broken neck. 

Probably a few more I can't remember now will have a think.

• Like 1

Â