Rubbish claims to fame

GarethRDR

I was in a film, called 'Lockers' that was played at cinemas across the country. It was made by a production company in my school that got given a load of money, and the film was about kids having babies/getting drunk/bullying etc. I never saw the film, as the day it was shown I was playing football. (I only even knew it was being played because a guy in the film saw me at Halesowen Bus Station and asked if I was going).

A few, all rubbish:

• My aunt went to school with Adrian Chiles
  • My family were shown around some sort of steam museum or something (to be honest I can't really remember the place very well) by Fred Dibnah. He was doing a book signing, but no-one was there, so he showed us around instead
  • I posed for a photo with Markus Schulz, and at the exact moment when the stranger I'd given the camera to was about to press the button, the battery died. Techno related, I've also shaken hands with Jeff Mills as well
  • I was walking along Deansgate in Manchester one day, and slowly realised that the short man in front of me strolling down the road with a newspaper tucked under his arm was Craig Charles. We walked past an alley at one point, and some lads shouted 'ALREET CRAIG' at very high volume in Scouse accents, and it was at that moment I realised I didn't want to be famous. I also saw Carol Vorderman having her picture taken as part of a wedding party on a Mancunian pavement
  • Ian Botham's niece was a good friend of my uni housemates
  • saving the best for last, Graham Fenton's uncle came to our house and fixed a fence panel once

Now I've made myself sad. 

a few all rubbish 2

played pool with ted mcmin after a derby-villa game

met christopher ravenscroft-inspector wexfords sidekick in the museam and art gallery in town.

met timmy mallet and told him to do one

met tiswas crew when they opened a petrol station in kingstanding in the early/mid 70's and got a bucket of water thrown over me.

met david platt in town just after italia 90,he was wearing his england tracksuit so he'd get noticed.he was just coming out of the midland hotel(if my memory is right) on new street.got his autograph,what a tosser he was.

I was on telly once, 80's music show, No Limits had a made up awards show in London, I went to it and whilst outside they asked us who we thought would get video of the year, stand tall for my televisual debut "Timex social club - Rumours" I became a bit of a big deal at school after that was broadcast.

• Like 1

I was on telly once, 80's music show, No Limits had a made up awards show in London, I went to it and whilst outside they asked us who we thought would get video of the year, stand tall for my televisual debut "Timex social club - Rumours" I became a bit of a big deal at school after that was broadcast.

loved that song back then

• 1 year later...
Â