Rubbish claims to fame

GarethRDR

I met and spoke to Vlaar, Guzan, Carlton Cole, Demel, Matt Jarvis, James Collins, Kevin Nolan, Gold and Noble on Saturday evening. All very friendly. Didn't speak to them but was also near Jaskelinen, Benteke, Adrian and Taylor (west ham one)

Oh and if you want real rubbish claims to fame…

I tour managed the first ever independent (i.e. not state sponsored) tour of the USSR by a Western Rock Band.

That was Big Country

But you're going to tell me otherwise I'm sure

Edited by tonyh29

I tour managed the first ever independent (i.e. not state sponsored) tour of the USSR by a Western Rock Band.

That was Big Country

If they went it was state sponsored

That was Big Country

If they went it was state sponsored

No .. They went independently a Russian pop star Stas Narmin arranged it ...

(1988), which saw the band playing the first ever privately promoted gig in Russia at the Moscow Sports Stadium.

Big Country’s latest album, ‘Peace In Our Time’, may have been recorded in America, but it was launched with a party inside the Russian Embassy, and promoted with a series of concerts inside the Soviet Union. Others have made the trip behind the Iron Curtain, but what made this package a little bit special was that, for the first time, the organization was in the hands of private individuals – not a Party official in sight, comrade!

One of my best mates lives with Dan from Bastille.

I'm very, very jealous.  I've absolutely geeked out over that band.  I've not been that excited about a band since I was a teenager.  I wouldn't claim that they're artistically spectacular, I just really like their songs...

One of my best mates lives with Dan from Bastille.

I'm very, very jealous.  I've absolutely geeked out over that band.  I've not been that excited about a band since I was a teenager.  I wouldn't claim that they're artistically spectacular, I just really like their songs...

Yeah it's weird. We went to uni with him (although I'm not sure I ever said anything other than hello to him)

A few years back my mate was coming to visit me for the weekend. Just before he made the trip he called me and said "My housemate's just given me backsage tickets to see his band at Reading festival. You won't have heard of them, but we'll be able to watch them from the side of the stage and hang out"

I was skint so decided to turn it down in favour of a weekend watching films (I'd never heard of Bastille at that point). Great decision :D

Ok you want rubbish claims to fame, here goes..

I was the only bowler in my university team, not to be hit for a boundary by former non-league "super star striker", Warren Patmore (of Yeovil Town fame(ish)), when playing cricket against him. Although I did drop him when he was on 14, and he went on to get a ton.

Â